ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone with a CU80 offence?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Yes sorry, driving whilst using a hand-held device. In my case, my iPhone :/

Nothing at the mo :(
see this annoys me

its illegal to change a track on a ipod.. but its not illegal to rumble through ya glove compartment for a CD,, then eject the old one and stash it somewhere and put in the new one.. weird

Nothing at the mo :(
or... open ya fag packet.. get out a fag.. use one hand to hold the wheel while ya other lights the fag.. and again while driving only using one hand to hold the wheel cause other has a fag in it

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Just did a rough quote on confused.com and it came up roughly what I'm paying now. Hopefully come renewal with my second years no claims which I'll also be 21 it'll be cheaper.

Looking for 182
I got one last year and come renewal my premium was almost double (from around 300 to 550). I got it down to 450 in the end.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
my wife was caught with a mobile phone. Not sure if it was a CU80 though. It didn't put her premium up much.

see this annoys me

its illegal to change a track on a ipod.. but its not illegal to rumble through ya glove compartment for a CD,, then eject the old one and stash it somewhere and put in the new one.. weird

not strictly true as they can charge you under
"driving a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road or other public place without due care and attention" - which pretty much means if you're doing anything other than driving, then by law they could charge you.
it does seem ridiculous that there's no specific law to say you can't smoke and drive, meaning people think it's perfectly legal yet technically you could be pulled under the above law if mr policeman is in a mood that day!