ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone work for o2 or a fone shop?

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Looking a contract of 200-300minutes, 600+ texts, unlimited internet and a free fone (half decent)

Im on o2 simplicity at the minute with 600mins and unlimited texts but I want to upgrade from my c902 without paying for a handset;)

Anything out there atm or any good deals if I upgrade from simplicity?

How much you looking to spend a month? 18month contract with o2 is £35 with unlimited web, 600mins, 1000 texts with a few phone to choose from.

T-mobile do one for £27 with 300 texts, 300 mins and unlimited web. (18 months)

or one with 700mins, unlimited texts and web for £30.

57 Clio Campus Sport
The o2 simplicity is so good it actually works out cheaper most of the time. I think I pay £20/month for 600mins, 1200 texts and unlimited web, paid £440 for my 3GS up front.

It actually worked out like £25 cheaper overall than the cheapest 18 month contract and I get more than 2x the amount of texts and minutes, and I can quit at any time and sell my 3GS to upgrade to 4G when it comes out without having to pay off rest of contract.

So I would have a look how much the phone you want is on payg and work it out.

Listerine & Poledo
Vodafone 24-month deals will give you 300 min and unlim. text for £25.

Phones should be ok at that level, but the tariff wont include any data, so avoid smart-phones.

Otherwise, '3' tariffs are usually pretty competitive.

Phone wise, go sony, nokia or blackberry, safest bets that dont demand you pay vastly over the odds.

Barge
You can't get much better for your money on O2 than Simplicity. However, their contracts aren't the best. Unless you've been with them ages then you can't really negotiate free extras, lower prices, etc.

If you're not fussed about sticking with O2 then look at other networks.