ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

apex springs

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182
im thinking of buying a set of Apex spings as ive seen a few good write ups on them i was wondering has any one got them and are they any good

M235i / 172
id like to know this as well.. i want a -40mm set for the 172... wheres best place 2 get them also.

Had them on my Cup when I bought it and they were unbelievably bad. The ride was awful, and the car did not feel at all settled unless the road was perfectly smooth.

Replaced them with Eibach Sportlines, and the car was transformed.

As far as I'm concerned I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

However, if you're after purely looks and don't care about having an awful ride, then maybe they're for you.

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182
cheers mate you made up my mind for me its eibachs for me now would you recommend the pro"s or sport?

The Prolines don't provide as much of a drop as the Sportlines, but are meant to handle better.

I went for the Sportlines as I think the drop they provides looks good, and I have no complaints about the ride or handling.

My car is driven on a wide mixture of road surfaces (including the track) and I am very happy with it.

WR1 impreza
Yep i have them on my 182. JamesS has hit the nail on the head really. They are so damn hard its untrue but the way the car looks and 'sits' is superb, looks really low.

Ive only got them until i can afford my H&Rs mind you lol

Tom

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182
are the h&r"s only for track work or for road use awell ive been looking at them but they are not cheap and i dont use my car on the track so would i really benefit from them for road use?

WR1 impreza
are the h&r"s only for track work or for road use awell ive been looking at them but they are not cheap and i dont use my car on the track so would i really benefit from them for road use?

Obviously you will see the real benefit of using the H&Rs on track but they must be pretty damn sweet for road use to as many on here will tell you as they have them.

Tom

mk4 golf gttdi180
if you want coillies for road use get the spax rsx coilovers there a good price and quite a good ride but i cant complain as i only paid £20.00:)

if you want coillies for road use get the spax rsx coilovers there a good price and quite a good ride but i cant complain as i only paid £20.00:)

I woulnd't recomend Spax at all I can even imgaive where your sety came from quite easily.

As for apex there to hard IMo a setup.

PH1 iceburg
i have apex om mine, they are a hard ride. I fitted camber bolts to the standard shocks though and had camber set 1.50 neg and mad the car feel a lot better.

coilovers are coming though!!!