ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ARB difference 172 cup vs 172/182

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
I need to get a replacement ARB for my 172 cup just wondering if there is a difference in diameter to a standard 172/182 or are they all the same? I have not seen an specific size bushes for the cup ARB so Iam asuming they are the same?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
They are different as far as I know. I know the Powerflex Polybushes you can get for them come in different diameters, so they must be.

Adam at Renault Wolverhampton on here will know which you need.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
No there are different sized ARB's @Drakec . Know this first hand because I ordered the wrong ones last month.

Get a vernier and measure yours, won't take two mins and it will save time in the long run.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
No there are different sized ARB's @Drakec . Know this first hand because I ordered the wrong ones last month.

Get a vernier and measure yours, won't take two mins and it will save time in the long run.

If you do measure it, i'd do it at the point where the bushes go as the inner and outer bush diameters are different aren't they?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
If you do measure it, i'd do it at the point where the bushes go as the inner and outer bush diameters are different aren't they?
I'm not sure buddy. I just measured mine at the inner bush as that's what I was replacing. Mine was the larger of the options and that's a non FF 182 if its any consolation to the OP.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Just found this!

Clio Ph1 2.0 16v RS-172: Outer mount - 22mm, Inner mount - 25mm
Clio Ph2 2.0 16v RS-172: Outer mount - 23mm, Inner mount - 25mm
Clio Ph2 2.0 16v RS-182: Outer mount - 22mm, Inner mount - 25mm
Clio 2.0 16v RS (172 & 182) Cup / Cup pack models: Outer mount - 23mm, Inner mount - 25mm

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Thanks for the info guys so according to that chart 172/172 cup should be the same size? I have got a full set of polybushes from k-tech but haven't checked the sizes yet, I would have thought they would have sent me the right ones for my car though as I told them it was a cup when I bought them.

phase 1 flamer 172
So they are the mounting points, but are the bars themselves thicker on any particular models.

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
I have just checked and they have supplied me with 25mm inner mounts and 22mm outers so potentialy the wrong size outer mpints? Guess I won't really know till I get everything stripped off the car but that won't be for a bit.