ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

arch rust

I have a clio 16v 92,just wondered if anyone had had there arches sorted and im also looking to get my car resprayed at the same time

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

330 + VAT each for new arch panels! U could jus spray over it though. 1 of mine has v. slight bubbling paint but jus gonna pop it, wax it and live with it. Having bumber resprayed next week so i asked if he could do anything with the arch; basically he has to spray entire panel & itll jus come back after several months so waste of money. Soz to break it to u.

Willy2

just to let u know that if you pull off your rear door cards and you will see that the arches go where the Rustproofing finishes(poor workmanship by renault) my passenger side has been rust proofed all the way down to the end and there is no rust or bubbling, but on the otherside it has only been done as far as the rear arch, this is what has caused the bubbling!

Willy2

contact father ted he mentioned a place in Swindon that does them for about £30 each i think

Both arches need doing so i was going to get them cut out and replaced but didnt know how long this would last? where are those panels from mikey,is that a renault dealer?

raj £30 an arch is that just to fill it!

Subaru Forrester

I had slight bubbling and rust on my old 16v - I had it sorted for about £120 before I sold it. He did a top job too. This was at a small garage in Highley, just past Bewdley in the West Mids at the end of 2001.

Willy2

no i think thats the arch itself, send fatherted a PM, I may have read wrong but im sure thats what he said, will do a search!

I have touched mine up twice myself, keeps coming back, its not bad but really annoying, all you can really do yourself is stop it getting much worse, but it seems once the arches start you can never get rid of it totally without sticking in some new metal, annoying!

honda accord 2.4 type s

Mine has just gone to the sprayers today. I had new arches put on, after unsuccesfully spraying over the rust. The bodyshop where i had them fitted said the new arches should prevent the rust, and they were gonna make sure they were "treated" underneath. To buy the full quarter panel was never an option (due to the expense), but i thought i might aswell spend a bit more on it this time, as spraying over it again would only ba a temporary solution