ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are my Toyos still safe?

Clio 172 ff
Hi everybody,

today I found some screws in my Toyo R888s. I had been wondering about a very strange noise coming from the front and had considered a severe mechanical problem already.
icon_confused.gif

As you can see, the screws were around 7 millimieters deep into the tread, of which seems to be a little more than 3 millimeters left. The tyres don't seem to be losing air, so the screws did not cause a puncture.

What do you think, are my tyres still safe or do I need two new ones?

Regards,

Linsen

Attachments

• schrauben.jpg
    schrauben.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 102
  LY 182
you should be able to work that one out for yourself, how thick is the tread on the tyres?
if its 8mm like new, the screw will hardly have scratched the surface of the actual flat part below the tread.

if they are bald theres no tread there to protect and probably is a hairs thickness away from being a puncture

or do you mean 3mm tread on the tyres????

if so, just check they arent loosing air you should get away with it

clio 1.2 M reg
i agree with clionoob but if they get strained as tyre's usually do they could rupture under pressure leavein u in a pretty bad spot at speed i'd change em if you like your car lol

Clio 172 ff
I do like my car and my health. What I don't like is to shell out 240€ again. Those tyres were really not that old.

I guess I'll have them checked at a good tyre place and see if they can be repaired.