ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

are there any common faults with these

clio 172
hello i have just bought a "03" 172.....is there any common faults that i need to look out for and what mods can be done that a quite cheap and effective for the 172

cheers

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Do a search mate, been covered a million times

Just quickly, coil packs are common across the range to fail.

Window regulators also. Rattles are normal with all Reno's dont worry, if its been cherished it will be fine, neglect is the main problem with the Reno's

RB 200 Cup!
end of the day some people have one with no problems at all

others have problems all the time

www.renparts.co.uk
there are a few, but mainly cheap fixes providing you keep on top of your belts when it comes to servicing.

Scirocco GT 210
No one has mentioned the exhaust yet, the standard one will break at around 40k miles.

Also remember to check out the shocks for leaks.

pick it up today when do the belts need doing its only done 36k
Cambelt & aux belt need doing now, if you've not got £500 off the price you may want to think about it, as that lot will cost that amount (or so)

The aux belt should already have been done (it was due at three years)

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Plenty of common faults or a 'Characteristic of the car' as Renault will put it too you.

Exhaust are made of tin and fall off around 30k
Rear shocks leak
Engine and gearbox mounts are weak
seat racks
gearbox aren't great imo
altenators don't last long
steering wheels melt
headlight washers leak

As said Aux belt needs doing at 36/3 years and Cambelt at 5 years of 72k.

I still loved my 172 all the same