ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are you insured against 'Sonic Boom'?

Dynamique S TCE
Just took out a new policy with Churchill, flicking through the booklet I find this;

Churchill said:
What is not covered
We will not cover:
  • Blah
  • Blah
  • Blah
  • Blah
  • damage caused by pressure waves from an aircraft or other flying objects travelling at or beyond the speed of sound;
  • Blah
  • Blah

So wtf happens (extremely small chance of this happening but whatever) if you're parked up somewhere, and all of a sudden a jet flies over your car, just at the right moment, and puts all of your windows through?

Do you have to try to catch the VIN of the aircraft and make a claim against the govt./RAF/another countries govt. or forces? Do all insurances companies have the same angle on this?

Perhaps Ryanhavana can include cover for this type of damage when he starts up his business.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mythbusters proved this is b****cks IIRC.

Had a shed with glass windows in the middle of the desert, and repeatedly flew past it at supersonic speeds. It shook a bit, but no windows destroyed.

Dynamique S TCE
So why do Churchill feel the need to specifically mention the fact that they will not pay out for this type of damage? They might as well say they won't pay out if the world explodes and everyone dies, it goes without saying.

Listerine & Poledo
If I see any bloke walking around in faux USAF dungarees with a high-flat top haircut, I'll hadoken that sucker into next week before he gets near my car!

EDIT: oh..... ah, no. Wrong Sonic Boom