ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ashley competition exhausts

Clio mk1 1.2
ashley competition exhausts are they any good and are they as loud as they say on the website thinking about getting a full system cat back for just under £200

chadhele said:
ashley competition exhausts are they any good and are they as loud as they say on the website thinking about getting a full system cat back for just under £200

i got just the back box on mine ....................yes , very loud:cool:

K20 EG Hatch
had one on my 1.2 16v, majorly loud, loads of poppin. Loved it at the time but had a more subtle sounding prospeed on the 182 :p

Fiesta ST
:D good choice! The reason I bought one is because I couldn't justify spending ~£250 on an exhaust when the car *initally* only cost me £700! May as well buy an exhaust for £160. ;) I'm very happy with mine. What size you thinking of, 3" or 4". I have the 4" as I think 3" looks too small... shame they don't do an in-between!

Clio mk1 1.2
nah live in portsmouth down south lol 'Jim RT' i only brought clio for 700 so that exhaust will do for now dunno whether to go for 4 inch or twin 4 inch whats the 4 inch like and what do they sound like how long did it take u fit is it cat back

Fiesta ST
Danlp6 said:
4 inch looks stupid imo.

Thanks, nice to know my exhaust is stupid?! Looks perfectly resonable to me,

Rear_low3.gif

^^Mobile pic

Ashley_Car1.gif

^^Before lowered.

Rear_Exhaust.gif

^^Can just make it out.

3" looks like a pea-shooter IMO!

Fiesta ST
chadhele said:
nah live in portsmouth down south lol 'Jim RT' i only brought clio for 700 so that exhaust will do for now dunno whether to go for 4 inch or twin 4 inch whats the 4 inch like and what do they sound like how long did it take u fit is it cat back

I never knew they did a twin one? Hmm, see my pics above for 4". Sound is deep and spluttery. Not a raspy exhaust. They are loud, but if you don't de-cat your car you should be ok. The de-cat has helped to make it pop and spit much more on deceleration, sounds lovely!

I didn't fit it myself, with the car being low the exhaust sagged slightly in the middle section. I had it fitted for me and had an extra mount added underneath to stop it from hanging. Apparently this is a common problem on the Clio, not enough mounts? Anyways, if you do it yourself I guess perhaps an 1hr max. :)

Clio mk1 1.2
kool car looks good and think it was on potn.com the twin option so are u sayin its worth decating mate aswell fro the sound

Fiesta ST
chadhele said:
kool car looks good and think it was on potn.com the twin option so are u sayin its worth decating mate aswell fro the sound

Thanks, I would probably say see how you go first. If you are comfortable with the sound then perhaps get a de-cat. Just remember it needs to be replaced for MOT time. ;) Tbh I have a silent de-cat (yes I'm a wuss) but it does give a different note to a normal de-cat (which I had initally).

I sold the inital de-cat as it made it more raspy top end, but the silent de-cat has deepend the tone more and increased the pop-iness. Lol is that even a word? But a silent de-cat from K-Tec is roughly ~£70.

So see how you get on with it first, and if you like it, then perhaps try the de-cat option as well. :)

Clio 172 mk2
chadhele said:

Twin 4 inch.....Fook me that'll look chavvy as hell

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i always used to have ashley exhausts, on my 3i, my 3 orions(!), my mk2 golf gti, and my xr2. really good systems for the money. Only thing is, of the 6 systems i bought, only two fitted properly, all the others neede bashing about with a big mans hammer!

Fiesta ST
Ok peeps,

Here's a video (may require DivX codec if it doesn't work) I made a few days after getting the system (hence the cleaness of it inside lol). A few points to note...

1. This was taken when the system was new, obviously as it wore in it became louder and deeper sound wise.

2. NO de-cat is on at this point. So when the revs drop it now splutters, but not in the video. If you turn it up loud you can hear it wanting to as it bubbles and gurgles. ;)

3. A sub on the speakers really helps as the note is quite deep, otherwise it can sound flat (as I heard on my mates PC). With a sub you really do get to hear it's deep rumble.

That's all! I'll try and get a newer video done of the de-cat and of the pops if I can. Comments welcome! Cheers.

TURN IT UP LOUD!

th_AshleyExhaust_DivX.gif

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hello mate, I've had an Ashley twin 3" on my 172 for about a month.
I LOVE IT....
My wife HATES IT....
Sounds the absolute bollox - Really burbeley around town - boot it and you won't stop grinning.

BUY ONE!!!

Fiesta ST
tommyboy said:
Sounds awesome Jim. Nice one on the video you've convinced me. :)

I have done some better ones to capture the sound on my mobile. I'll try and upload them tonight and replace the original post with the video in. The quality isn't as good but the sound is much much better. :)

Thanks again.

Clio 172 mk2
I reckon a twin 3 would be okay

All I know is I put a twin 3.5 inch Magnex on my 172 and it looked s**t.

Leon Cupra R 225
Jim_RT said:
I have done some better ones to capture the sound on my mobile. I'll try and upload them tonight and replace the original post with the video in. The quality isn't as good but the sound is much much better. :)

Thanks again.

Cool. Nice one mate I'll have a look later sounds promising. :approve: