ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Assetto Corsa modding (PC)

Evo 5 RS
1634368585900.png

1634368626446.png

1634368720910.png

1634368771895.png

1634369058210.jpeg

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I think I need to invest in some form of video hardware capture device! :ROFLMAO: Running AC maxed out is great and buttery smooth on the 3090... but trying to capture and encode 4K at 60fps at the same time results in juddering videos. Interestingly the GPU encoding doesn't really impact on the gameplay as recording is taking place, but it certainly doesn't result in smooth videos.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Right. So I spent nearly 5 hours last night dicking around with different recording software and trying different settings... and this is about the best I came up with. Not perfect, but as good as I could get it. I used OBS (64-bit) and a mixture of settings. The video is crap and purely a test capture but it certainly looks better to me (in terms of smooth-idity!) :ROFLMAO:

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Right. So I spent nearly 5 hours last night dicking around with different recording software and trying different settings... and this is about the best I came up with. Not perfect, but as good as I could get it. I used OBS (64-bit) and a mixture of settings. The video is crap and purely a test capture but it certainly looks better to me (in terms of smooth-idity!) :ROFLMAO:

Think the stewards might want a word with you

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
My Assetto Corsa install on my home PC is nudging 550GB now, but my work laptop install is struggling, because I hotspot on my phone and Vodafone blocks mega.nz which is where a lot of mods are hosted.

Solution?
Move my entire home Assettocorsa install into my dropbox and then symlink it to my Steam library folder on both devices... making effectively one massive install that updates at work when I install new cars or updates.... Just got to transfer 550GB over my phone connection. :LOL:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to post in here. Some of the latest round of updates have been great. Smoke looks and moves way better now…
7E0573A7-30F8-4330-9E7D-9A06C9372B0E.jpeg

RSS have released the RB9 which drives gr
97268293-09DB-45B6-A2D5-CF5DFFE5FC73.jpeg

GT racing looks as strong as ever
AAD61D48-DB28-4EDE-8B99-172BD42D2C5E.jpeg

Skidding through gravel leaves 3D tyre grooves, these and skidmarks are saved between sess
D26DC2D5-DB8D-4F69-9B73-86E868F2A04E.jpeg

And Android CarPlay is pretty pimp.

Considering this is a game that didn’t even have weather, it’s pretty bloody impressive.

Evo 5 RS
I was going to post in here. Some of the latest round of updates have been great. Smoke looks and moves way better now…
View attachment 1582609

View attachment 1582611

View attachment 1582610

Skidding through gravel leaves 3D tyre grooves, these and skidmarks are saved between sess
View attachment 1582613

Considering this is a game that didn’t even have weather, it’s pretty bloody impressive.

Not sure I'm on the very latest one. Will have spend a quid and check lol.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Tried playing this to get a feel for Castle Combe last week. Forgot how irritating setting up my wheel was with it. Eventually got it driveable but even then after a few laps the throttle would pin itself and the car would just steer right. 😑

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
View attachment 1582609

View attachment 1582611

View attachment 1582610

View attachment 1582613

What’s happening with that third place car in the GT race? Has it been on the ‘roids?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
That sounds like a wheel connection issue, Assetto is pretty decent for wheel compatability so if it works initially and then f***s up it’s probably not the setup.

Was doing it on GT7 too. Found a random thread about using it plugged directly into a wall rather than an extension, seems to have worked from the session I had today.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Weird one!

Ironically I relocated my computer lately and now I’m having a nightmare with my G27. Keeps coming up as a Driving Force when you plug it into the hub I have under my seat, tried all sorts, bloody thing.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Weird one!

Ironically I relocated my computer lately and now I’m having a nightmare with my G27. Keeps coming up as a Driving Force when you plug it into the hub I have under my seat, tried all sorts, bloody thing.

Did you figure this out? Or still being a pain?

Was doing it on GT7 too. Found a random thread about using it plugged directly into a wall rather than an extension, seems to have worked from the session I had today.

So running a huge extension to power the tv/console/everything but the wheel worked but wasn't exactly a neat solution. If I tried it with the wheel into the extension and everything else straight in the wall it started failing again.

I decided that the aerial socket next to the single power socket that I had everything powered off originally was a bit redundant so took that off, took the single socket off the wall and found two sets of wiring going into it. Separated them between two single sockets and now have two power outlets on the wall. One for the wheel, one for everything else.

Nice and tidy, and it now fails even quicker than before. 😖

I've ordered a different power brick to try the wheel on then I think I'm out of ideas lol. Rewire the fecking house? :unsure:o_O

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Chaps - what obvious bit am I missing regarding seeing rain effects with SOL & Content Manager? I have got the licenced version of CM as well.

I went through the very clear and well written installation procedure for SOL and picked an RX-7 race at Donington in heavy rain.

When the game started on the grid, the skies were dark and the lights on. Window wipers automatically sweeping, but not a drop of rain anywhere.

I'm missing something else - but not sure where I should be looking just yet?

Any advice would be welcome. (y)