ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi tt seats into clio- airbags

Allan H

ClioSport Club Member
  Ford Puma, Focus
Hi folks. One for the auto electricians here possibly. Have bought some lovely mk1 Audi TT seats to go in my clio. Still have airbags in them and was wondering how hard it would be just to wire in/solder the connections so these theoretically would work. I'm no auto-electrician (as you've prob guessed) but I'm handy enough with a soldering iron. Now I know on my tt seats the brown wire is earth and on the 182 wiring black is earth- the other 2 wires on the tt seats are blue and black- the two on the clio are cream and pink. Does it matter if I get the other two connections the wrong way round? I realise I'll know if I reconnect the battery and something goes bang! Any info appreciated. Ps- I know I can take it to a proper spark but just putting this out there to see if anyone knows. Ta.

Attachments

• 20180911_154632.jpg
    20180911_154632.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20180911-161429_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180911-161429_Chrome.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 79

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Just a guess, and I could be completely wrong. But I wouldn’t be confident (even if they do “connect up”) to put Audi and Renault hardware (of the electrical kind) together in the hope they will work should the worst happen.

If it were me, I’d install the seats but see if I could remove the airbags from the seats to be on the safe side. At the end of the day an airbag is an ‘explosive’ and could cause more harm than good if it’s not installed to manufacturers guidelines..

Allan H

ClioSport Club Member
  Ford Puma, Focus
Aye I know what you mean. Will prob just use a resistor and leave them unwired

Allan H

ClioSport Club Member
  Ford Puma, Focus
Hmmm. Airbags in the tt seats are single stage same as the clios, hough i can't find much info on Google about even just using seats from a different manufacturer in a car. Weird.