ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audio in Clio Sports Models

Artic Blime 182
Right I have recently purchased a 182 and the speakers are a bit crackly. So I am planning on putting new speakers in and maybe a head unit.

I just wanted to know what all the other sports owners have done audio wise in their cars. I don’t want a sub as I don’t want to compromise the weight and I like the boot space. I didn’t really want to change the head unit as I like the fact I don’t have to take the face with me every time I got out of the car.

I have looked on some other threads but the audio seems to only be done on the 1.2, 1.4 and 1.6's.

Just wondering if you sports owners can write what you have done and show pics please? Some advice on what to get if to bother etc?

Clio DCi 65
I'd quote how much your looking to spend first mate and whether your looking for an amp to get some good quality sounds going.

Artic Blime 182
I'd quote how much your looking to spend first mate and whether your looking for an amp to get some good quality sounds going.

Well i already have a JVC KD AVX 2 but i dont know if i want to re install that pic of one on the link, this is not fitted though.

http://i.testfreaks.es/images/products/600x400/76/jvc-kd-avx2.171340.jpg

i am willing to spend £200 - £400 i think, not sure if i want an amp. Think if i had an amp i would be to tempted to take the sub route. :(

clio 182
iv got a vibe 3200 passive thing (2 x 12" subs in ported box with amp)..
infinity kappa 6x9s
and an alpine slide touch head unit...

offer me and its yours if you want it

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
I bought an Alpine HU to connect my ipod up and didn't want to get a sub either... The standard speakers dont do that bad so I left them but ended up with a sub because there was absolutely no bass. Not sure if it is the Alpine HU, but if you want half decent bass, you'll have to amp some speakers or get a sub.

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
That'll be why then. Actually I had another Alpine HU before this one and that was the same - no bass but ok mid/treble.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have an Alpine DVD HU in at the moment.

Front components, rear coaxils
13" sub
2 amps
battery/install
all going back into my car in about 2 months (was fitted in my previous dci Clio) :)

All depends on what you want, and how much you're willing to spend

Ph1 172 + Combo van
By upgrading just the speakers you will have no noticable difference in sound.

By upgrading the headunit it will sound better with the stock speakers.

Headunit and speakers will sound decent but will still distort at higher volumes and will lack any real oomph.

Next step is to do headunit, speakers and an amp to power them which will sound good but will set you back the top end of your budget for some good kit.

Even once you have done this you will have rattles as the car is a clio afterall. So without going the whole shabang you will have to settle somewhere in the middle. If your not that into your audio but just want it to sound a bit better then id suggest getting a decent headunit, then some speakers such as these:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-tsq131c-renault-p-5922.html

Cheap, but unless you are amping them the speakers dont need to be very expensive. Fit straight into your car too just plug the cables in and screw it up.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
My standard 182 speakers sound so much better than barrons expensive Alpine ones he was very impressed by mine :D Ps i have a alpine Ipod head unit can not remember which one tho

Artic Blime 182
iv got a vibe 3200 passive thing (2 x 12" subs in ported box with amp)..
infinity kappa 6x9s
and an alpine slide touch head unit...

offer me and its yours if you want it

what alpine head unit is it so i can look it up?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
I wouldnt bother replacing the rear speakers. Just keep the standard ones in and fade the headunit to play most of the sound in the front with a tiny bit of rear fill.

Artic Blime 182
I wouldnt bother replacing the rear speakers. Just keep the standard ones in and fade the headunit to play most of the sound in the front with a tiny bit of rear fill.

It sounds weird but i always have it set up so there is more sound at the rear as i like it that way :S

What speakers would people suggest for the rear of the car, no 6x9's or subs :rasp:

Thanks for your help people.

It sounds weird but i always have it set up so there is more sound at the rear as i like it that way :S

What speakers would people suggest for the rear of the car, no 6x9's or subs :rasp:

Thanks for your help people.

just disconnect them and if anything amp your front,why would you want to listen to audio behind you?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Chavs hear music from behind IIRC.;)

When you have amped components up front it fills the car with sound. Nothing like when playing off the headunit and fading it to the front.

Artic Blime 182
Chavs hear music from behind IIRC.;)

When you have amped components up front it fills the car with sound. Nothing like when playing off the headunit and fading it to the front.

Well it may be best if i do this then, it the last clio i had standard speakers, head unit, sub an amp :( and for the sub to work best i had the sound at 40% front 60% back. Currently with the standard audio i have it at 50-50 so i think i will try what you lot are saying :approve:

Has anyone noticed the back speaker surrounds rattling, an if so what have you done to stop this?

Thanks again.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
The rear speakers have no real support as they are just screwed to the plastic door card. With them faded out they wont do much so they should stop rattling. Make sure they are screwed up tight though:)

Artic Blime 182
The rear speakers have no real support as they are just screwed to the plastic door card. With them faded out they wont do much so they should stop rattling. Make sure they are screwed up tight though:)

Thanks pal :approve: