ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audio Questions

After fitting my rear subs and amp its got me thinking about what else i can do.

My front speakers are standard and I was wondering what a decent upgrade for the front would be, in addition can you get front amps? wouldnt they be alot of bulk in the front?

I also want to get some sound deadening material but have no idea where to get any, what material is used (i might have some at work lol)

I bought a player off ebay ( a cheap one to get me through) but now i am looking for a decent one, my current player turns the amp off when switching to SD or USB mode (god knows why) otherwise it would be actually quite good. I just need to know what I need to be looking for.

I am after clarity and richness in sound, I want to hear sounds that are normally lost in background noise. but also want to be able to wack it up down the backroads.

whats my options lol

You can amp the front speakers just have the amp in the boot and run the speaker cables I each door. Or front speakers there's so many about just have a listen to a few in your price range.

For sound deadening. You can use dynamat but that's quite expensive I use to use a roof adhesive use to come on rolls about 5m long and 4" wide and just cut it to size and length

You can amp the front speakers just have the amp in the boot and run the speaker cables I each door. Or front speakers there's so many about just have a listen to a few in your price range.

For sound deadening. You can use dynamat but that's quite expensive I use to use a roof adhesive use to come on rolls about 5m long and 4" wide and just cut it to size and length

Hmm, Might have to have a trip out and see what places have nd have a listen. I suppose its one of those things where everyone has there own preference.

How would i get an audio wire into the front doors? the door loom is socketed in my car.

did the roof stuff work? I dont even know what material it is so i wouldnt like to say what i could substatute it with.

I currently have a home speaker in my boot which is basicaly wired up with 4 speakers each of different ranges, actually sounds quite good. (although its only a 100w speaker connected to a 400w amp, probably not good for the speaker)

I used to have a mate that drove round with 2 bookshelf speakers ON his parcel shelf, and it didn't even sound good. House speakers have their place. I've not seen a guide for your car, start a new thread, I'm sure you'll get some help. Good luck with the install, try to take a few pictures and make a guide for others in your position if you can!