ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

audio setup ! help

AB Clio 182 FF
Hi all ,
i currently have a fli active sub in my car
I would like to no if i installed a seperate amp to use to power my speakers would i have to run a whole new set of wires i.e power , rem , ground etc , or can i somehow use the same ones that powers the active sub ?

also if i was to use the amp to power 6x9's , front an rear components , what sort of amp would i need, always had active subs so dont really have a knowledge on amps tbh

thanks

AB Clio 182 FF
You'll be wanting this: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/phonocar-4-483-power-distribution-block.html

As for the amp, if you're talking 6 speakers then you will need a 6 minimum channel amp. Power wise I can't comment as without knowing the rms of the speakers it is hard to say.

And what does that do lmao sorry im not much of a expert on audio tbh ,

so i need a 6 channel amp minimum , basically i wanna replace the front doors speakers with compononents an also the tweeters in the dash , also the rear speakers with components an tweeters mounted somewhere , and 6x9's in the parcel shelf :)

Polo + Micra
what i would get is some components for the front, some mid bass for the rear, lose the 6x9's

as for power cables that will depend on the size of the cable you already have installed

AB Clio 182 FF
what i would get is some components for the front, some mid bass for the rear, lose the 6x9's

as for power cables that will depend on the size of the cable you already have installed

i think its 4 gauge wire i have got mate

Ph1 - 172
As has already been said, using the same wire will depend on the size and quality you already have but also what your current amps power is. What is the RMS value of the fli box?

Provided that the Fli box is not drawing too much power you will be able to split the 4Guage using a distribution block into two lengths of 8guage. This will power the two amps. The tricky part is running the RCA's if your head unit has only 1 set of pre-outs. Which head unit are you using?

As for the amp you are looking to buy, i would suggest forgetting the 6x9's and using the money to buy better front components. 6 channel amplifiers are nigh on impossible to come by and will cost alot more than a 4 channel set up. If you are desperate to have 6x9's it would be easier to start the whole system from scratch and buy a sub with a separate amp, running the sub and 6x9's from another 4 channel.

Sorry to put more questions into your head than answers but getting this right now will be more cost effective in the future :approve:

AB Clio 182 FF
As has already been said, using the same wire will depend on the size and quality you already have but also what your current amps power is. What is the RMS value of the fli box?

Provided that the Fli box is not drawing too much power you will be able to split the 4Guage using a distribution block into two lengths of 8guage. This will power the two amps. The tricky part is running the RCA's if your head unit has only 1 set of pre-outs. Which head unit are you using?

As for the amp you are looking to buy, i would suggest forgetting the 6x9's and using the money to buy better front components. 6 channel amplifiers are nigh on impossible to come by and will cost alot more than a 4 channel set up. If you are desperate to have 6x9's it would be easier to start the whole system from scratch and buy a sub with a separate amp, running the sub and 6x9's from another 4 channel.

Sorry to put more questions into your head than answers but getting this right now will be more cost effective in the future :approve:

Hiya mate headunit is only a cheapo one at the min but its not too bad has 2 sets of preouts so thats ok ,
fli sub 400 w rms 1200 peak
what speakers are recommended?

Listerine & Poledo
Hertz Deici. (less hassle due to in-line filters, not x-overs, I believe?

And unless you're getting a stealth shelf for them, chav x 9's can GTFO

13cm components up front
13cm mid-basses with in-line filter / resistor
same sub.

done

Ph1 - 172
Changing the headunit to one with a seperate sub output and rca lines will make it alot easier and will help the system perform alot better.

Your 4gauge will split down fine with 400w going to the fli amp. 4 gauge can handle upto around 2k if its a good quality wire. Simply add a distribution block as far along the power line as you can (depends where you are mounting the second amp) and have 8 gauge lines going to your two amps. Job done.

Speakers, as said look for some good quality 13cm componants. Which ones are best for you would purely depend on your budget. Look for the likes of Hertz, JL, Diamond, Rockford Fosgate, RE Audio etc.

Polo + Micra
Changing the headunit to one with a seperate sub output and rca lines will make it alot easier and will help the system perform alot better.

Your 4gauge will split down fine with 400w going to the fli amp. 4 gauge can handle upto around 2k if its a good quality wire. Simply add a distribution block as far along the power line as you can (depends where you are mounting the second amp) and have 8 gauge lines going to your two amps. Job done.

Speakers, as said look for some good quality 13cm componants. Which ones are best for you would purely depend on your budget. Look for the likes of Hertz, JL, Diamond, Rockford Fosgate, RE Audio etc.

2000w equals about 200A(given the efficiency of amps) which is way above the safe limit of 4 awg (which is about 120A tops)

Ph1 - 172
2k watts = ~160 amps at 12v (presuming you have a battery producing 12v consistantly) using the amps=watts/voltage equation.

Good quality 4guage, as far as im aware, can handle upto around 150amp current. This figure is from talking to a few suppliers over the years, may just be them trying to up sell as usual! I have a 4 gauge kit fitted to my clio that has more surface area content than 95% of the 0Gauge kits that come through our shop. How wiring manufacturers get away with it i do not know! If he has a good power feed for the audio i.e dedicated battery, then above 12v feed should be possible allowing you to close this gap. Wiring length must also be taken into account when working this out but for your system i wouldn't worry to much as you ain't going to be running silly power by putting door speakers in there.

That said please correct me if i am wrong, this is my understanding of the watts -> amp conversion equations which has been picked up pretty much by self study. I never really liked physics at school :boring: