ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aussie 182

clio 182, Citroen vts
Hi Gents, the Renault Australian Nationals are in a few weeks, so time for a few tweaks. Couple of photos I took on the weekend. Hope you guys like.

DSCF4766-1.jpg

DSCF4781.jpg

clio 182, Citroen vts
Thanks for the positive comments

Their 16" OZ Racing Supperleggas, in a different offset to OEM wheels, so that they just fit under arches.

I'm bit of a clean freak, so she's clean...

clio 182, Citroen vts
Not as big as UK,most Aussies drive V8 Commondoors, or WRX's, but plenty of us are passionate.
I've posted a link below to the Australian site. Our Nationals are coming up so I'll post some images from that. You'd be surprised how many of us watch this site.
Not as many Track focused RS cars in Australia, as you guys enjoy second hand prices, we can only dream of.:p

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/bb/index.php

clio 182, Citroen vts
Yes, it does need a splitter on the front. It's on the to do list, for sure.

RS aren't rare but not common either, which is nice...

Here's a photo of some of the club cars from the Clubs 5th B'day meet in Sydney, thanks Alex for the Photo.

3531611358_e2b64ef57d.jpg

clio 182, Citroen vts
What are my plans?

Well so far I have
-lowered with Eibach Sportlines
-Trophy Sachs Rear Damper
-Oz 16's
-New Kumho Ku31 tyres
-Samco hoses for coolant and air intake
-K&N filter, after trying a few different options went back to the drop in panel.
-Poly bushes for lower engine mount
-Pulled out braces, hinges in boot and under seats.
-Lowered seats
-Just done belts, fuel pump and TPC sensor
-new steering wheel, and CD under warranty
-Had most of car resprayed
-Richbrook gear knob
-generally alot of farting around to make sure that she running and looking tip top.

Whats next, well I would like some Koni front Dampers and some Compbrake solid mounts.As well I am going to get the OZ wheels powder coating the same colour as the Trophy wheels, that dark grey.
And I'm always keeping a eye on what you boys there are doing......;)

clio 182, Citroen vts
Thanks Matt, I like that shot too.
A couple from a Club Night drive through the Mountains on the South Coast of NSW last week

DSCF5037.jpg

DSCF5035.jpg

130i Road, 172 Track
Looking good Brad! Here's another couple of photos of her (although she sits lower now with the Eibachs!)

4563281082_a6a5e5141e_b.jpg

4366639266_d812d13374_b.jpg

Disastra Coupe
Looks smart! :) My Aunty and Uncle live over in Aus. They keep telling me to go over but it isn't cheap!! Will do one day within the next 2/3 year's though i hope.

VTS aswell? Lucky man :D

clio 182, Citroen vts
Thanks Chippen. No it isn't cheap to fly of here, would think it is by the amount of British Backpackers are around though.
Here's a photo of my VTS, nice car, totally different to the 182....lucky? maybe, I just spoil myself, I guess.:approve:

BRADSC4.jpg

Renaultsport Clio 182
Flooding is horrendous over there at the minute - hope you're not living in Queensland mate?

Have to say Oz is an awesome place! I was over there in November / December - went to Cairns, Sydney & Melbourne. Not cheap by any means but wages over there do reflect the high cost of living. Even basic office workers are earning $24 an hour in some places (£16 that is for us)

Anyway, back on topic - lovely motor! :cool:

clio 182, Citroen vts
That's for the mostly good comments, let's not talk Cricket or Rugby, please. Had to let you fella's have something.;)

Had the OZ Supperleggra's powdercoated gloss Black and back on. Looks tough I reckon.......

DSCF6289JPG_effected.jpg

DSCF6290JPG_effected-001.jpg

BMW E46 330i Touring
What's the exchange rate at the moment? Fuel prices are cheaper there in dollars than they are here in pounds!

Looks nice, much prefer the darker wheels.

clio 182, Citroen vts
My young bloke made a 3D image of my car. Got to love those Apps.
To get the effect you need the Old School Red and Blue glasses.

clio-4.jpg

clio 182, Citroen vts
Went for a good drive through the mountains on the weekend and took a couple of shots, most crap but don't mind this one. Seems to be the local burnout spot.

DSCF6401JPG_effected.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Check out all those tyre marks! NIce clean car mate, Don't get the combrake solid top mounts, they were biggest load of crap I have ever had the misfortune to buy.

clio 182, Citroen vts
Check out all those tyre marks! NIce clean car mate, Don't get the combrake solid top mounts, they were biggest load of crap I have ever had the misfortune to buy.

Thanks Scrooge. I was thinking about those Combrake mounts so I think I might have to put them off for awhile.
Aussie's love a burnout, national pastime.;)

clio 182, Citroen vts
Had a nice drive through the Mountains yesterday and made a short vid of part of the drive. Thought you fellas might like to see what Australian roads are like. It's a public road so I had to behave and follow the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Very smart mate - looks good. Cheers for posting up the video.

Off topic... love Australia after spending 2-3 months there last Christmas and New Year. Mind you, the police seem VERY strict over there when it comes to driving! On one occasion we drove for miles (hours and hours) out from Perth into the middle of nowhere and didn't see a single car for hours. Then, rounding a bend, there was sat a police patrol with a speed gun! No kidding, he must have been a good 100 miles from ANY form of civilisation.

Disastra Coupe
Thanks Chippen. No it isn't cheap to fly of here, would think it is by the amount of British Backpackers are around though.

Haha, lass from work get's back from back packing in Aus next week... And my friend goes to Aus for a year in September... She's planning on staying a year though!

Car looks a lot better with the splitter on. Fitted mine tonight :)