ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Electricians

None
Im not quite sure about what they are
But ive been told in order to get my horn fixed ive got to see one of these

Anyone recommend any in the dudley/stourbridge/wolverhampton area?
Cheers

LY 182
have a day off theres nothing to the horn circuit in clios... any independant garage should do it,,
you got an airbag light on the dash?

LY 182
that be yer problem, needs an airbag squib... horn connections run through it.

not so difficult is it lol

lot of money though,, i've put buttons on dashboards for people in the past that didnt want to replace it

None
Thing is horn never worked and Service light and airbag light came on at same time the other day

Mean anything?

LY 182
yeah, more than likely related..

get it fault code read if it comes up drivers airbag squib its going to be that
if you want to do it yourself pull the cowling off round the steering column, you'll have a live coming up to the airbag squib for the horn.. unplug it and touch it against earth if the horn works its that

None
ill probs end up messing something up but ill have a go, ive also been told to get two wires and connect em to battery and actual horn

Ill av a look tomoz then
Cheers mate

LY 182
dosn't switch anything?
i've just always called it that as thats what the fault codes come up as, and what ford ones are packaged as..

dont know,, round thing,, lol

www.renparts.co.uk
you hear them called a slip ring quite a lot mainly because of older cars with just the horn using it and it used to be a copper ring that the connectors slipped over while still making contact.

Monaco 172 (5/468)
have a day off theres nothing to the horn circuit in clios... any independant garage should do it,,
you got an airbag light on the dash?

I had the problem with the service light and air bag light on mine, Its only the wires under the seats, twiddle with the wires and the lights should go out.

failing that its a trip to the stealers, cost me £80 for checking the fault and a new switch fitting.