ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Glym EGP,SGP help

172 A Cupwork Orange™
as above,

going to do the car using AutoGlym Shampoo & Conditioner,couple of coats of sgp,then a couple of coats of egp

"i should have got megs for the wash i know but halfords do a set with the shampo and sgp in for 10.99 and sell sgp at 9.99 sep so i thought it made sence lol and i got a free sponge so im going to cut it up and use it to apply Simoniz wet look tyre shine lol

Question is i know your ment to leave it about 45 mins in between each coat for the sgp,egp but when i put on do i leave it hazy for 45 mins or polish it off and then leave it 45 mins etc, also do i use about a 50pence peice size on each panel or more ?

Cheers all

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Bin that shampoo..it's pants..

Srp, 50pence piece size is rather alot imo, you bearly need anything, a small ammount will go along way when your workin it in.

EGP...i won't comment. i'm not a fan, but ideally wash after you polish and fire some on. Curing time for it is lenghty not helped by the outside temp!

172 A Cupwork Orange™
i know the weather is crap and EGP is not the most expencive and best stuff, but with a meet on sun and the weather forcast for rain tomorrow im wanting to do it, first time iv used these products im normaly a turtle wax colour magic kinda guy my question was once i have applied the EGP do i leave it hazy for 45 mins or buff it

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Having fun already Vern?

You must have got up early to start cleaning, lol

Havent you got some work do do Jacko :rasp: hahah aye i wasent gonna bother untill tomorrow but checked the met office for sat "patchy rain" :S

leave EGP for an hour, then take off. I have it, not my favourite, but its not bad.. used the SRP/EGP combo the other day and the car is looking great

I leave EGP for as long as it takes to cover the whole car. So start at the back say, work my way forwards, then when covered start buffing the same way.

Normally about half an hour I expect. I haven't got time to stand there watching it dry for an hour. It seems to do a good job though.

Mito Sportiva 135
At least 45 minutes I would say, although EGP is one product I would rather apply slightly too much than too little to ensure total coverage. I don't hate it like some do, but its not my favourite.

Also, I would say it is better to do one layer of SRP polished in well (if you are doing it by hand) rather than a couple lightly. A little goes along way though, and is definitely best over a well prepared surface, it should just glide over it.

Even after 30 mins, I find it really difficult to remove. That's why I don't like using it. But I feel I must as srp on it's own isn't good enough.

I know I put too much on, but I like to see that I've put it on.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
I left it 45 minutes (cant remember the exact time but its as the instructions instruct) and removal was not that difficult. Application is easy, just make sure you have bags of light so you can see where you have been and need to go. Once its dried you will soon be able to tell anyway.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
i only asked for a bit of help and didn't want a mass debate on the outcome of using a product,

trouble with this forum as of late is everytime anyone posts anything it instantly becomes open season for all and sundry to instantly slate either the product or a persons car off perhaps i should have renamed this thread

"applying egp to my car please tell me how rubbish a product it is"

rant over...

thanks for all the help from the people who actualy helped your a rare breed and it is indeed welcomed help

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
i only asked for a bit of help and didn't want a mass debate on the outcome of using a product,

trouble with this forum as of late is everytime anyone posts anything it instantly becomes open season for all and sundry to instantly slate either the product or a persons car off perhaps i should have renamed this thread

"applying egp to my car please tell me how rubbish a product it is"

rant over...

thanks for all the help from the people who actualy helped your a rare breed and it is indeed welcomed help

Reviews and advice go hand in hand! In the future you'll be more reluctant to buy crap! So in essence we're doing you a favour!

Application of SRP&EGP are on the bottle...No rocket science son!! ;)

106 GTi
The longer you leave EGP on the easier it is to remove, I used to apply it, put the car in the garage over night and then wipe of the next day !

At least an hour to cure before removal if it is cold, make sure it is not damp as this makes it a pain to remove. Once the applicator is primed you need very little more, apply it as thin as you can get it.

As for the SRP a 20 pence sized blob should be enough for a normal sized panel. I tend to apply it, work it and remove a panel at the time.