ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

automatic wipers!!!

2003 Clio sport 172
hope i got the right section, simple really, how do i turn the automatic wipers off so i can use them normal, they have a mind of there own

2003 Clio sport 172
how exactly do i do the wipers lol, with just the ignition on if i flick the lights on and off a couple of times i get the beep and it turns the auto lights off but im confused with what i have to do with the wipers. i dont get any beep at all, i would leave them on but they are only any good in heavy rain, if its drizzling i have to keep flicking them on and off or put them on the faster setting.

Ph2 Flamer
there should be a circular thing on the stalk which lets you decrease the rate of the intermittentness (not even a word i know). Mines on the shortest gaps and is fine in drizzle although sometimes you do have quite a few spots before it wipes.

Only had my 182 for a bit, on my 1.2 the first setting on the wipers... the wipers would intermittently wipe, i guess using the sensor on the window screen to judge?

On my 182, setting 1... will wipe, then take a longggggg time... tbh im not even sure if it wipes after the first go... is it the sensor on the windscreen? ive read you can refill then with ibuprofen gel?

Technically there isn't an option to turn them "off" as such, you only have three settings. The auto function replaces the intermittent setting.

One click down for auto, adjust the sensitivity with the dial.

Two clicks down for on constantly at slow speed

Three down for on constantly at high speed.

2003 Clio sport 172
ahhh that makes sense now, but the dial thing doesnt do anything, would this be a problem with the dial on the stalk or is it a sensor problem?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
ahhh that makes sense now, but the dial thing doesnt do anything, would this be a problem with the dial on the stalk or is it a sensor problem?

I always feel that mine doesnt do anything. I dont know if i read on here before about putting some gel inside where the sensor is on the windscreen as this adds to the sensitivity. I might of totally made that up though.

Sam!

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Mine don't really work on auto because the sensor is coming away from the screen slightly. There was a thread where people took them off, smeared ibuprofen gel on them and using that as a clear adhesive to re-stick it, but I'm not sure how long that would last...?