ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Avoiding BT Reconnection Charge

Having just moved into a new apartment I'd like the internet,

Is there any way to do so and avoid paying for the £100+ BT reconnection charge?

I have no requirement for a phone line either, so it seems slightly frustrating to have to pay £30+ a month just for light internet usage.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Having just moved into a new apartment I'd like the internet,

Is there any way to do so and avoid paying for the £100+ BT reconnection charge?

I have no requirement for a phone line either, so it seems slightly frustrating to have to pay £30+ a month just for light internet usage.

In most cases its waved.

Then its just £11.56 line rental and £15 for the internet.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's not reconnection, it's new connection.

Talk talk?

Plusnet? Plusnet internet and phone are awesome!

A4 Avant & A3
as said above, they might waive the cost if you don't mind being tied into BT line rental for 18 months.
I moved house about 12 months ago & they the house had previously been disconnected & had virgin.
I was told it will cost £135 (ish) for a new connection. So i gave in & went ahead, only to find i never got charged for it, then found out it was because i was on an 18 month contract instead of 12.
So i just pay BT line rental & o2 for Broadband.
Worth ringing up and asking BT i'd say

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Shouldn't get charged it if you sign up for 18 months.

Go through Quidco and get the £80 cash back too.

tiTTy & SV650
I had to pay it and complained as the lines were all in place etc and got a credit on my account, not much though.

Sky will pay it for you I believe as they require you to have a landline when you start a contract