ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Avon or Rainsports ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've had the rs3, were good with higher than norm pressures. I'd buy hankook v12's again.

Civic type r fk8
Had zz5 on my CTR liked them and really quiet,much better than the bridgestones that were on it

RB Clio 182
Rs3's are very good for the price, good in the wet, good in the dry, they lean abit around tight bends for the first few hundred miles, the grip off the line is awesome, they dont last very long and the side walls wear very quickly.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
RainSport 3's are on the trophy and are very very good in the damp / wet.
The wear very quickly tho in the dry

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Cant say ive tried avons but i was unimpressed with RS3s on my clio and megane. Compared to the RS2s anyway, mainly down to wear rate. I found 1 last pair of RS2s that are just coming to end of life now, so Ive just picked up a cheap pair of T1Rs to try out. I have Contis on the rear and were favourably comparable to the RS2s in 99% of conditions. Its only aquaplaning where the RS2s and 3s seem to excel over others. Sadly the soft walls on both 2 and 3s and wear rate on the 3s let them down.