ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B+Ms

i hate them.

feel crap, have to stretch your arm, reverse and 5th are horrible and vauge to select. Youll fiddle for ages with the linkage and never be happy.

Its just a shorter sticka nd feels weird, and tbh.....you dont shift any faster.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

Bens only saying that cos hes small. People of normal height love em. Im one of those people. Gear change is alot tighter feeling and not as sloppy as normal sticks.

(Sorry Ben)

Yeh, they feel lots better, more precise. Definatly get one again when I get a new car. Dont have any 5th and reverse problems with, Sam

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 13 August 2005

weirdos
lol!

I dont like em, Id rather have a nice standard change..

Anyhow do what Ive done take your knob and gaitor off for a month and try changing with that...then put the knob back on - instant quick shift using your own parts!

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 12 August 2005
i hate them. feel crap, have to stretch your arm, reverse and 5th are horrible and vauge to select. Youll fiddle for ages with the linkage and never be happy. Its just a shorter sticka nd feels weird, and tbh.....you dont shift any faster.

Let me explain, Ben is 5ft tall, he has to have a booster seat to see over the steering wheel

it wont shift any fatser, just feels nicer

I dont like mine its Ok but no quicker than stock since I go slow anyway to protect the gearbox from abuse.

172 cup TT

love mine, not really for application possibly.. but just feels more certain, and looks better.... always get the comments "aww what a diddy nob"......

erm

Quote: Originally posted by madmax on 14 August 2005

whats the theory behind how they work ? what makes them apparently shift Quicker ?
They drop the length of the rod down the pivot, so the other side under the car is longer and you have to move the knob less.

Its heavy, stiff, no feel, brass bushing that can sometimes squeek and stick......i just cant stand them, none of the cars they have been in feel good. especailly annoying when fiddling to fid reverse and 5th, and you keep hitting the tranny tunnel with the extended rod.

Waste of alot of money imo for feel.