ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back end still not any lower!

Lowered my ph2 172 myself just fitted springs all round. 35 drop on front and 30mm drop on rear. Front end looks fine

Rear - not so much!! Looks like a drag car lol

I know the springs take a while to settle in but i have driven about 500 miles in the last 2 weeks so i presume they have settled in but still looks so high!

What do you suggest i do? Buy 40mm or 50 mm lowering springs? - if i do this will i need replacement dampers? any suggestions would be appreciated

cheers

Iceberg 172 Cup
memento.jpg

Clio 172
after that amount of miles the back end will have settled as much as it is going to. are the sills level with the ground? thats one of the most important factors with lowering. if they aren't level then you might have to consider getting the 55mm springs for the back.

Its not a cup model

And the sills do not sit level they raise up from the front slightly towards the rear

Where can i get hold of 50 mm springs for the rear as i dont want to buy a whole set

They don't make anything lower than 40mm for the RS.

You'll have to upgrade to coilovers if it's annoying you thsat much.

PI Springs - got them off ebay as they were cheap! The kit said 35mm drop but fronts are 35mm and rear springs 30mm lower.

I know there prob no good but they seem ok to me and im not going to waste £600 plus on coilovers as im only keeping the car for a year.