ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back in a Scoob

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Lol. Just watched the vid. Yeah it's loud. Sounds good though. I got tired of the loud exhausts on my scoobs and went down the h&s scoobysport route with discreet 3.5 rolled in pipe. Looks same as prodrive bb and sound great and not silly loud.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Thinking I may have to put a resonated centre on as it seems to be getting louder.

Couple of pics from today;

1AA51127-EB60-40DE-B499-0B0A7B293E04_zps7teq6toh.jpg

SG9 Forester STi
I've definitely got the bug. I find myself driving just because I enjoy the car and not because I have to be somewhere.

Looks good! Bring it to CSS and we'll have a loud off . Just kidding before Brian or someone scolds me.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I've definitely got the bug. I find myself driving just because I enjoy the car and not because I have to be somewhere.

Looks good! Bring it to CSS and we'll have a loud off . Just kidding before Brian or someone scolds me.
I'll hopefully have a JDM bugeye by then.
Can I be in your gang. [emoji41]

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Getting rid of the Ph1?

You got my okay lol . Nice choice in scoob, you'll love it. I only wish I'd got one sooner.
Yep car's up for sale.

Cool, fingers crossed Torque GT can find me one.
Failing that it will be a mint classic V5 sti ra.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I've found myself looking at these more and more and more...

I think the blob eye is my favourite followed by the hawkeye.. All I'd want is the 4WD, 4 doors and decent power so thinking look out for a ready-modified WRX. Are they comfy?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I've found myself looking at these more and more and more...

I think the blob eye is my favourite followed by the hawkeye.. All I'd want is the 4WD, 4 doors and decent power so thinking look out for a ready-modified WRX. Are they comfy?

Yeah, proper cruisers.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I was under the impression that a decent filter, exhaust and a remap by someone that knows what they're doing would take a standard WRX to around 260bhp, or is it the case that even at that power it's still slow because they're heavy cars?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Doesn't the STI weigh more than WRX though? Along with extra servicing costs (bigger brakes, DCCD) ? Or am I off the mark there.

I saw Daniel's for sale post of a blob eye 320hp WRX (had the turbo from an STI) for £4k. Pretty much all I'd be looking for!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
As a rule of thumb you need 50bhp more in the heavier cars against say a classic. Standard uk classic imprezas arnt that quick by today's standards. In the later say wrx' they need to be close to 300bhp. Need a decent turbo, injectors, exhaust, remap etc

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
My sti blob was a standard 260bhp and felt rapid! I like classics but I'd go newage any day of the week. There's plenty of wrx about that have had the basic mods to take them to
250bho plus and these are hardly sluggish.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Looking at that picture you posted a few comments up, them springs will make it sit perfect.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Haha, fingers crossed as there's a bit of a price difference between the two!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Apex springs seem to be respected in the TT world. Not that it means much..lol! But they seem to sit well.