ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back in black........

133/225/CLS AMG
Well, picked up my 225 which was away having the wheels refurbished in black.

And I have to say WOW! :D It looks even better than I'd hoped. Exactly the look I wanted, the wheels are spotless and really glossy as well.

Let me know what you think -
Blackrims1.jpg

Blackrims2.jpg

Blackrims3.jpg

These were the scuffed ones -
FrontLeftRim.jpg

BackLeftRim.jpg

To say I'm pleased is an understatement!!

As father and son....
lookin great, i really want one of these till i see the rear windscreen then my sanity prevails

al

ST on the way...
Looks gorgeous!! :D

Not a fan of the rear lights TBH tho, PH2's would be better.

133/225/CLS AMG
The tail lights aren't to everyones taste but they are partly why I went for black rims as they go together.
The Phase 2 lights are ok but I can't be arsed with re-wiring em.

HBB

G81 M3 Touring & A35
Sods law dictates you will scuff your new wheels in a matter of months. Exactly what happened to me... Never scuffed a wheel in 6yrs of driving then when I had mine re-done scuffed two in weeks and gf scuffed a third shortly after!

looks good, good choice, i dont like the wheels tho have them on my 182 smaller ones, they look so boring imo .

Racing Blue 182
Cant see the wheels in the first two pics ;)

Looks great

I think darker wheels will be a mod i will do on all my cars from now on

133/225/CLS AMG
It seems that the black/inferno combo have been a success all round!! :D

Only a couple of people haven't been keen which is fare enough. The standard wheels aren't that exciting but the offset on the 225s is funny so replacement wheels hasn't really been an option. :(

So black all the way haha

RenaultSport clio 182
the black wheels look mint wonder what it would look like on a titanium 182. because mines a none cup with silver wheels.

Track valver + Ibiza FR
Sods law dictates you will scuff your new wheels in a matter of months. Exactly what happened to me... Never scuffed a wheel in 6yrs of driving then when I had mine re-done scuffed two in weeks and gf scuffed a third shortly after!

It's what you get for letting a girl drive your pride and joy.

133/225/CLS AMG
carl-182 - Black and silver would look wicked mate. At least you can see that the style of the rims looks good in black. So get it done on the Clios 16s!

With regard to scuffing them, I will be a lot more cautious when I'm driving past vans!! Scuffing my wheels is not something I do when parking so I'm not worried. lol

RenaultSport clio 182
alexjmills your car looks class what shade of black is it it looks like shinney gloss and it looks darker than the anthracite on the cup. how much per wheel thanks;)

133/225/CLS AMG
Carl - It just powder coated in gloss black. You can get it done in matt which I imagine just has less or no lacquer on it.

I spoke to the guy there who explained that the powder coating once applied is harder than the actual allumium underneath so the finish will be tough. PM me if you want details of the place I got it done.

Cost me £55 a wheel. :D :D :D

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Carl - It just powder coated in gloss black. You can get it done in matt which I imagine just has less or no lacquer on it.

I spoke to the guy there who explained that the powder coating once applied is harder than the actual allumium underneath so the finish will be tough. PM me if you want details of the place I got it done.

Cost me £55 a wheel. :D :D :D

thats not bad, there 17s iirc?

133/225/CLS AMG
18s on the 225s mate, unless you're in Australia or South Africa and you get 17" versions!??!?! Which is weird lol

Dunno if they charge more/less depending on wheel size.