ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*Bagged Clio III*

Mini 1000/172/Leon
Never understood this slamming cars air ride or not spent an easy 5k to make your clio handle and ride a lot worse and look like the suspension has collapsed. Also your tyres are illegal...
But as said seems well done for this style of car :) I just don't like them

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I didn't read the thread, but seen the pictures.

Are you posting to ask who stole your suspension?
Lots of scrotes about TBF. I feel sorry for you mate, have the police taken it seriously?

Rusty Cup
Undo all the work that's gone into it, lower it 30mm on turini's strip the interior with the view to never taking it on track before the masses converge and burn you for being a witch!!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I like it, Air is so much better than static lows. (if you're into lows)

Ignore the haters, you achieved what you were going for. I lol'd at the amount of wheel bearings you have gone through though.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
'Haters Gonna Hate'. The motto of owners of cars that are utterly impractical to drive anywhere and that look utterly gash/broken.

If you see people on the street pointing and smiling in your general direction it is because they are laughing. They are not impressed.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
'Haters Gonna Hate'. The motto of owners of cars that are utterly impractical to drive anywhere and that look utterly gash/broken.
Yes, "haters gonna hate" is another way of saying "people who arent scene fashion victim idiots will look down on retarded modifications that ruin a car"

If you see people on the street pointing and smiling in your general direction it is because they are laughing. They are not impressed.
Indeed, you would get just as many looks by growing grass on your roof at a fraction of the cost.

Strange people these EMO scene kid types, I particuarly like the way they all "do something different" by doing exactly the same as everyone else is going to be different too, lol

renault clio
Never understood this slamming cars air ride or not spent an easy 5k to make your clio handle and ride a lot worse and look like the suspension has collapsed. Also your tyres are illegal...
But as said seems well done for this style of car :) I just don't like them

5k? If that amount of money was spent on air suspension for it, it would handle a lot better than any coil overs would...
it was around 2k and the difference in handling isnt much to be honest:)

renault clio
How do the insurers like the bagged suspension? Does it have a premium over just lowering?

Or is it cheaper as you can go any height you want?

Insurers usually have figures for lowering, eg <30mm or >60mm that determines the price as far as Im aware

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It's on air so he can raise it to drive around day to day which makes this suspension a lot more practical.

Nice to see something a little different on cliosport.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Its on air so it rises to drive around....

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
5k? If that amount of money was spent on air suspension for it, it would handle a lot better than any coil overs would...

FLOL @ That

You should contact all the rally and touring car teams then mate and tell them for only 5K you can improve on the handling of their cars on coilovers, you'll make millions.

renault clio
FLOL @ That

You should contact all the rally and touring car teams then mate and tell them for only 5K you can improve on the handling of their cars on coilovers, you'll make millions.

And I mentioned Rally and Touring car teams? Clearly was talking about daily driven cars.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
And I mentioned Rally and Touring car teams? Clearly was talking about daily driven cars.

It was your implication that it would handle better than "any" coilovers that brought that comparison. Even a basic set of coilovers will outperform any of these airbag kits though in reality, not lease cause of the amount of weight they add!

Anyway, its not relevant to this thread so no point arguing about it, no one doing this sort of thing to a car cares much about handling or they wouldnt be ruining their car in the first place.

I like it tbh. For what it is, it's a good looking car.

Obviously stupidly low for a daily driver, but I can remember seeing it at FCS t'other year and thought it looked epic.

5800159333_d5ceba813e_z.jpg

FCS '11 by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
It got so much love when it first came about like the pic above now there is more hate.. CS confuses me at times...

Personally I love it!

renault clio
Little point arguing and I'm not going to:)
In my opinion the car isn't 'ruined' at all as it was set out to be all about looks not handling (it still handles pretty well)...I wouldn't see the point in spending big bucks on this car to make it handle well when it's only sitting at 100 bhp..

Cheers for the other comments!

I like it because it's different :) . Get a bit bord of the same old mods; turinis, recaros etc.

Granted the mods aren't for function, but i'm sure if it was aimed at function the mods would be completely different!

Weo

Typical CS hate for doing something different.

Modifying has changed in recent years, it's not how it used to be, 3-4 years ago this would have been "awesome" on here!

Personally I like it, always admire people who have the balls to do something different, my best friend has very heavily modified cars, yet whilst people on forums hate them, he wins best in show etc at shows.

Good luck!

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Nice car and I think it's good
How your Trying to personalise it rather then just keep it the way it is keep up the work.

What ur plans for it?

I like it because it's different :)

Typical CS hate for doing something different.

Personally I like it, always admire people who have the balls to do something different

I never understand this logic. Why does being different make it good?

If I covered my face in poo to go to work on Monday, that would be very different. Is that good too?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I never understand this logic. Why does being different make it good?

If I covered my face in poo to go to work on Monday, that would be very different. Is that good too?

Lol, indeed, and more to the point its NOT different, its just like all the other dropped on their arses scene cars, thousands of people all being "different" in exactly the same way, so nothing actually different about it in reality anyway.