ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BAH HUMBUG

driving to leeds, when i press my brake, rear discs snaps mechanism gets caught up in alloys, locks my back right wheel, spins me 1000 degress and hits a traffic island curbing. writing of 3 of my new williams wheels and dislodging something on back right of my car....

BAH HUMBUG

on the + side my body work is intact and i can now declare sorn to start my wiliams conversion...lol slightly ahead of schedule. need a few additional part now..

LOL this was not human error!....

cant believe how brittle by back disc is ....on inspection, it shattered!!! and to think i had ordered some in at renault!!

im so glad i wasnt on the motorway travelling at 70..i think id be dead...

lool

i advise all rear disc mk1 one owners to tap their rear discs and listen for any strange resonance...(sounds that indictae a fault)

Anyway, williams conversion progress..... off to pick up engine on 28th

[Edited by gunnergibson on 24 December 2004 at 4:26pm]

I bought some medication last week and they were suppositories, i politely asked for instructions and youll never guess what she said, really some people. I wasnt born yesterday.

Quote: Originally posted by gunnergibson on 24 December 2004

driving to leeds, when i press my brake, rear discs snaps mechanism gets caught up in alloys, locks my back right wheel, spins me 1000 degress and hits a traffic island curbing. writing of 3 of my new williams wheels and dislodging something on back right of my car....

BAH HUMBUG

on the + side my body work is intact and i can now declare sorn to start my wiliams conversion...lol slightly ahead of schedule. need a few additional part now..
:confused:

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Bloody hell chap, lucky escape! Like you say, its just fortunate that you werent going any faster.

sh*tting hell m8, thats fukkin harsh. hope you get it all fixed up soon pal, I kinda know how you feel (in the sense of not having yer car to drive that is...)

you prolly heard this already, but main thing is that your okay.

Jon

cheers lads, just got back from work....bah xmas day...got called to a sudden death...guess who it was...fizz from coronation streets mother!!

LOL this was not human error!....

cant believe how brittle by back disc is ....on inspection, it shattered!!! and to think i had ordered some in at renault!!

im so glad i wasnt on the motorway travelling at 70..i think id be dead...

lool

i advise all rear disc mk1 one owners to tap their rear discs and listen for any strange resonance...(sounds that indictae a fault)

Anyway, williams conversion progress..... off to pick up engine on 28th

Drilled discs can do this as they very often crack.