ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

balanced and lightened flywheel for 172

lift number 1 @ btm
just wondering if anyone has done this, or knows if it is worth bothering with?
i'm about to have a bottom end rebuild anyway, so the flywheel will be removed in the process.
does anyone know the weight of the standard fly, or the weight to aim for if i do have it machined?

any info at all would be appreciated. :)

no idea if it would do anything really, but the local garage near me quote £40... as they are a rip off I'm guessing it should be cheaper... plus if they did it chances are it would f**k up

lift number 1 @ btm
thanks, thats cool. they guys doing the work are pretty spot on to be honest, so that isn't an issue.
has anyone actually done this? or driven a car with it done? just wondering if it will end up making me have to double de-clutch everywhere!

thanks, thats cool. they guys doing the work are pretty spot on to be honest, so that isn't an issue.
has anyone actually done this? or driven a car with it done? just wondering if it will end up making me have to double de-clutch everywhere!

Yozzasports cup has it done I think.

182cup & 172 racecar
NO YOU WILL NOT,and it will be worth it.

Clio 182
It is worth it, my williams engine has a lightened and balanced flywheel and it rev's a lot free'er

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
just wondering if anyone has done this, or knows if it is worth bothering with?
i'm about to have a bottom end rebuild anyway, so the flywheel will be removed in the process.
does anyone know the weight of the standard fly, or the weight to aim for if i do have it machined?

any info at all would be appreciated. :)

you should really ballemce the crank too the flywheel.

looking at 130 ish iirc

speak to BenR

M

mini-valver

If you're going tobe really revving it then it can work against you aswell as you lose inertia top end from what I've read.....

lift number 1 @ btm
so.... thats as clear as mud then!
i'll go ahead and do it just to satisfy my curiosity then, i'll only be torturing myself if i dont! plus mr hunter always seems to know what he is on about!
cheers all!