ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BANG! WTF was that?

172 Race Car
The club we race with was at Snetterton this weekend but we didn't go. (We decided at the start of the year not to go)

Our friends Lisa and Toby have a very nice Ford Puma Race Car they built from a converted Hillclimb car. Its a Class C 1.6 16v pushing 195bhp. A quick car they are still developing and they won their class at Oulton a few weeks back.

Anyway during qualifying this happened.................

http://www.emcos.co.uk/EMCOS/Movie.html

320220_10150340862107546_520467545_8222220_1924133134_n.jpg

Flywheel had enough and made a bid for freedom that proved successfull

CLIO PH1 172
i think thats what they call fucked. how many more races left in the championship? or is that it, if so it gives them time to rebuild ;)

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Years ago when I was rallying mini's , some people were lightening flywheels past the limit and some went with a similar bang except the flywheel sometimes tried to come through the floor! On a mini if you didn't know that was right between your legs gulp!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Scary stuff when that lets go, all the debris you can hear dropping out the bottom of the car.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The website may say "Made on a Mac" But it doesnt f**king work on one. Video doesn't work for me.

Still, s**t got real there it seems!

EDIT: f**k just started work, s**t DID get real. That's a bang and a half son!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I just thought there was going to be a clunk, not a f*cking massive BANG!!!

I actually shouted 'F*CKING HELL' out loud when that went, I knew it was coming but it still sh*t me up,
can't believe it tried to smash it's way though the bonnet.

172 Race Car
List of stuff they can see is damaged

Coil pack
leads
Radiator
starter motor
strut brace
bonnet
Gearbox
Engine block
Fan

An expensive winter ahead

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
f**king Hell....That was an immense BANG! Not looking forwards to their winter!

Can't believe how calm the driver remained...I'd have s**t myself and there would have been about £2K's worth of swearbox action (at a pound a word!)