ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bank Holiday Engine Tidy up

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
So its Bank Holiday and I have not got much on, Thought I would have a go at sorting out my dull engine bay...

Before:

DSC00674.jpg

I am guessing this wont be to everyone's taste but I quite like the finished item.

And Yes I know Cup's shouldn't have engine covers, but I compromised and fitted a Carbon fibre one ;)

So after 2 days Polishing, Painting, Watching paint dry here is the finished article -

DSC00682.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00679.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

The inlet is Iceberg Silver and Polished (Although I dont think much of Halfords Iceberg Silver paint, its way off)

And the Throttle Body and Fuel Rail Guard are Ford Metallic Graphite Grey.

All topped off with 'Gunk' Engine Lacquer.

Now Sold :-(
Looks nice.....

Did notice top mounts seem to be fitted differently on each strut top. Does that not effect the geometry of the suspension?

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Looks 100x better mate. Cover looks:cool:

Is induction kit 57i or typhoon. Did it come with heatsheild or did you get that seperate??

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Apologies mate, meant generation2. Have open 57i which was on when I got car. Planning on swapping for STD phs1 airbox, but don't know whether to see if I can source a heatshield instead...

You could probably Knock one up out of some Alu sheet TBH

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep

Adz

Work van
look sweet mate good job :approve: need to catch up with you and stunty at some point been soo busy trying to find a new job as my contract finishes end of this month :(

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looks very nice indeed that does :)

Good work.

Bet that filter sounds great, despite not being the best performer.

Filter is quiet loud, and believe it or not, the filter does perform fairly well with proven gains on Surrey rolling road :)

ibiza cupra
that looks mint mate. i like they way you have done half the inlet polished but left the other park textured and painted it. cover looks mint too. great job :)