ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bargain or what?

Clio 1.2 16v
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2856949.htm

Is it me, or is that not a bloody good bargain?!

It only needs a new door, or for the current one to get repaired, and as I'm an apprentice painter, I don't see that as a problem.

Could somebody who knows, explain what I'd need to do for it to be back on the road, as I don't know how you get a written off car back on the road.

Cheers.

Dave

By the way, I know I said MK2's are boring, but for that price, I aint complaining!

Clio 1.2 16v
I plan on e-mailing the owner, once I've found out exactly what you need to do to get a Cat-D back on the road, as it could be costly.

120d M-Sport
For Cat D just apply for the logbook mate.

Its cheap for that reason imo.

EDIT: It might not even require a log book mate, it might have been put back on the road and just has a dent thats all. It might be just the way he wrote it. :)

Ph1 ITB'd 172
For Cat D just apply for the logbook mate.

Its cheap for that reason imo.

EDIT: It might not even require a log book mate, it might have been put back on the road and just has a dent thats all. It might be just the way he wrote it. :)

You will need to apply for a logbook as it probably wont have one with it.

other than that you don't have to do anything. A flaw in system some might say as it has no checks what so ever. I'd get it MOT'd again just for piece of mind.

Having said that you dont even need to do much for a Cat C - just a VIC check (Vehicle Identity Check) only checks that stolen panels weren't used.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I personally think that the car was written off in the past, as a cat D.

It is now a cat D car which also has a dent in the door. (My guess from the way its been written)

Its not cheap.

Clio 1.2 16v
It's a 2005! The rest of the 2005's are 3000 and over. Mileage is low too.

Thats what I was meaning.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yes the rest of the 2005s are over 3k but they arnt cat D's. wouldnt touch it as they are a pain to shift in the future i agree with daniel, probably a cat D thats now a cat D with a dent

Clio 1.2 16v
The car looks to have been in an incredibly minor accident. Like I said before, change the door, or repair it and re-spray it. Either way It still comes to alot cheaper than others.

I see what you mean about selling after, but I'm not concerned about selling it, as the chances are it'll end up wrapped round a tree! :evil:

Only joking, but seriously, I'll be keeping my car for a few years, so I'm not worried about selling.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
your not getting what were saying, that shitty little dent in the door more than likely didnt write it off, a previous accident did if you plan on keeping it for a few years why not get a straight one?

Punto/Clio GTT
needs new door, paint into wing, paint into quarter

once you add that to the £2k and consider its a cat d, it aint worth it imo

pimp mobile Zafira
To me that reads there are 2 problems dint in the door and cat d write off. I'd be asking why is it cat d and getting that price reduced.

billabong...
didn't see that it was cat-d, thats probably about right for a cat d should be 30-40% cheaper as the insurance pay out will be less and it's going to be harder to re-sale.

the other thing is that there probably wont be any history with it as most gets lost with original owner.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
not very cheap tbh, i got an 05 dynamique with 24k on the clock for £3000. full service history, belts done etc. perfect car. granted that was a trade price but still i wouldnt be paying a grand less for something that is or has been cat d and has 10 thousand miles extra on.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't think it's cheap. I'd rather have a straight 03 plate than that!