ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Basingstoke/Reading Area Meet

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
What does everyone fancy doing for the next meet?

I was thinking the week beginning Monday 26th and going to either Longbridge Mill near Basingstoke, Nando's in Reading or Shire Horse near Maidenhead.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Longbridge mill. The other locations are a bit far for me on a school night TBH.

IMO the current South Central area covers to much ground, and needs looking at.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Chances are I won't be able to make that one as the baby will have definitely arrived by then, or maybe I'll be doing everything I can to escape the sound of screaming & the smell of green s**t.

Some new venues could be in order? There's a Nando's in Newbury now, plus a couple of local pub options with decent food & parking. There must be something over Tadley/Aldermaston/Burghfield way? Or maybe something near Kingsclere/Whitchurch/Overton? Suggestions?

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Longbridge mill. The other locations are a bit far for me on a school night TBH.

IMO the current South Central area covers to much ground, and needs looking at.

Finish your extension, get the mini bar fitted then we have a permenant south central/coast spot lol!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Shire Horse is a nice pub, like it there.

How about the pub near Risely?

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Yes, Shore Horse is always good.

Chances are I won't be able to make that one as the baby will have definitely arrived by then, or maybe I'll be doing everything I can to escape the sound of screaming & the smell of green s**t.

Some new venues could be in order? There's a Nando's in Newbury now, plus a couple of local pub options with decent food & parking. There must be something over Tadley/Aldermaston/Burghfield way? Or maybe something near Kingsclere/Whitchurch/Overton? Suggestions?

Where is the Nandos in Newbury??

Tadley, Overton etc are bit out of the way for most members.

Isnt the baby due any day now?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Where is the Nandos in Newbury??

Tadley, Overton etc are bit out of the way for most members.

Isnt the baby due any day now?

Newbury's Nando's is part of the new Vue complex, it's opposite Ladbrokes/Ghassan's kebab shop. Only opened in the last couple of weeks.

Baby was due on Wednesday. This morning there were serious signs that it might be wanting to put in an appearance so I spent the day 'working' from home (constructing various bits of Ikea furniture) and waiting. It's happening but bloody slowly. We'll probably end up going to hospital at 4 in the morning but who knows?!

RS 189.9
Newbury's Nando's is part of the new Vue complex, it's opposite Ladbrokes/Ghassan's kebab shop. Only opened in the last couple of weeks.

Baby was due on Wednesday. This morning there were serious signs that it might be wanting to put in an appearance so I spent the day 'working' from home (constructing various bits of Ikea furniture) and waiting. It's happening but bloody slowly. We'll probably end up going to hospital at 4 in the morning but who knows?!

Ooooo exciting times! Good luck to you both.

GTD, Lupo
I cant make this one :clown: but i should be around for next months. My car is a total mess after the body shop screwed it up even more but Ben was nice enough to sell me his cup wheels whilst i have been away. Hope everyone is doing good? all the best Tim i hope everything goes well!

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep

That explains it, I haven't walked round that way for a while, usually walk up the high street and back on my lunch break.

Thought it was due last week, hope it goes well.

I cant make this one :clown: but i should be around for next months. My car is a total mess after the body shop screwed it up even more but Ben was nice enough to sell me his cup wheels whilst i have been away. Hope everyone is doing good? all the best Tim i hope everything goes well!

How's Afghan been, did you meet Daniel Craig lol?

What did the body shop do then?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Welcome back bud, hope Afghan was ok. You don't have much luck with Bodyshops do you....hopefully catch up at the meet after this one. Good work on the cup wheels.

Oli

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Shire horse is a bit far so ill be giving it a miss

I'd have said the shire horse was pretty local for you?

Going to be hard to arrange a meet for such a big region that means no one has to drive even 30 miles (assuming you are in basingstoke like your location suggests)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Any idea on a date? or have I missed that?

No date suggested yet.

Im sure tim will put some suggestions up at some point.

Monday or Wednesday nights are the only ones I can personally do, or tuesday if I turn up late (martial arts class till 8pm in bracknell)

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Shire horse is a bit far so ill be giving it a miss

It's not that far, cars are meant to be driven, I go to Portsmouth and back for meets!

I'd have said the shire horse was pretty local for you?

Going to be hard to arrange a meet for such a big region that means no one has to drive even 30 miles (assuming you are in basingstoke like your location suggests)

It's impossible to find a date/location that's good for everyone.

Any idea on a date? or have I missed that?

I'm thinking next Wednesday 28th.

Time, Date and Postcode! By then Ant might have ( only might ) have fixed my car! Yayyy

Address is Shire Horse, Bath Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 3QA.

Did you sort out the problems with your room?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Can't do the 28th I'm afraid gents, poker night at work. Lol.

I'll make the next one.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I cant make it now, I have a new TKD class starting tomorrow evening that I am committed to going to instead.