ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Batesey's cup turbo

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
To start with anything over 300 with it being a complete home build, engine should take 500 though but I only over spec it to ensure a reliable car

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
I know, I wanted to get the engine back in, still debating weather to go o2m in the future mate

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Custom je ones, finding rings for them was a b**ch!! Got there in the end though

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
B6B68F40-BF2F-40E4-922E-7BB6258D4F30_zps7pxz1p7c.jpg

Up to date photo, driveshaft seal replaced still leaked :/ over tightened bolt and it sheered so for to tap that out now so close it's frustrating!!! Wheels dropped off to be powder coated as I wasn't happy with the finish before

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Looks good mate! Not thought about rubbing back the paint to expose the Renaultsport writing on the inlet? It would just break up the black a bit. You could always paint it pink to match boost hoses?

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
The inlet is actually smoothed off, got a decal to put on it from the engine builder when it goes for bedding in :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Only the end bit needs altering before i fit it as it's slightly out for some reason

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Is that an off the shelf side mount manifold or custom job? i'm currently toying over the standard log or side tubular….

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
They see me rollin'... :D

8A186045-FD94-4253-BFB4-1E190DBE6128_zpsevqcypks.jpg

701511A3-5717-4952-A6C1-0D6E8E2DA422_zpsiuodc8cz.jpg

Bought a 2nd had mondiial bumper which had an oval exhaust cut out, so fitted the 182 surround but was left with a gap either side, didnt want to paint it straight away so got some fiberglass and filler and satin black and got creative with my mate :)

95DEC105-A125-4613-8DC2-64648D5C8F94_zps7hrd9yli.jpg

Realigned the exhaust too so sits perfect! well happy will save having the £30 bumper i bought from being painted for a bit (old one was cracked)

Ordered the wrong size r888 so got rubbing issues on full lock :( ordered some new tyres so the r888 are for sale now

Hopefully get new tyres on Wednesday then get her on the dyno in next week or two once the engine builders done the first start up :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Quick update!! Engine builders had her started, his words are. "She's a monster" that's at 0.4 bar lol boost comes in at around 3k which is awesome for a gt30, that's down to the exhaust housing from a gt28 [emoji12] so excited to get her back

340i
Can't wait to see what numbers it makes!

The engine builder you are using aren't far from me, just seen your FB post :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Can't wait to see what numbers it makes!

The engine builder you are using aren't far from me, just seen your FB post :)

Yeah not far away mate, I saw his work and he doesn't rush anything and the work looks amazing, ill do a report on it all when it's all sorted, not cheap but I want an engine that will last!

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Got the car back from the engine builders after some running in...
Gear linkage need some aligning, the dogbone has fallen to bits so I've ordered a evol engineering one,
Also there's no power to the engine so something is wrong there but he got around it with some jump leads
90B396E7-D2D1-4321-A13D-46CAE86BF520_zpsry7rzrlb.jpg

Painted the front grills satin black
D0A6E2C4-644E-4215-B478-4FDC6AA393BD_zpsbmnkqsgf.jpg

BBE374F4-5C14-4114-8162-ABC11C6D68EF_zpsh6sskpke.jpg

Hopefully the new dogbone will arrive Friday, I'm guna try fix the other issues tomorrow, fingers crossed mot next week and expo show top 25 a week on Sunday [emoji1] some hard work coming up to be ready along with a house move the same weekend [emoji16]looking to have her mapped in December

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Think that's probs why it fell apart, must have lost it when it was apart, bush was tired anyway so needed a new one

Megane r26
Seen this on Facebook, I quite like the engine bay colour scheme although I bet it'll be a sod to keep clean :)

Looking forward to seeing the results, hopefully some vids ;)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
All back together!! Picked the bumper up from bodyshop today , fitted new dogbone and sorted the wiring fault [emoji1]
1151D027-C3C6-4B3B-9920-F27830299CDA_zps3vkdoxyq.jpg

EA7117AB-72B2-416A-AC8A-46D8C68CD9D9_zpspirew0pu.jpg

Also got a new buffer pad for my mates polisher which I've borrowed to get her ready for expo at the weekend [emoji16]