ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery change now CD Multiplayer issues.

Persiflage

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Phase 2
Good evening gents,
I replaced the battery today and now have a strange CD multiplayer issue.
on turning the car off I’ve noticed an unusual noise from beneath the passenger seat. A quiet “whirr” every 15 secs or so. Sounds as though the changer is trying to load a disc and the display shows “load disc”. Removing the CD tray results in the noise stopping.
The noise can also be stopped by removing the arrowhead fuse (20 amp, the symbol of which makes no sense to me and is NOT indicated in the owner handbook)
Can anyone suggest a fix for the multiplayer issue and can you tell what fuse this?
Thanks.
IMG_1419.jpeg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Wow, you actually use the CD changer??

Personally i'd be getting a new headunit with bluetooth so you can stream your music.

Persiflage

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Phase 2
Gus … not so much using the changer. More that I don’t want the little noise that will ultimately drain my nice new battery…. It continues when everything is switched off and key removed.
That’s on top of the other parasitic drain issue I’ve never managed to resolve.
Using the CD changer would be a nice bonus as I’m an old dinosaur .