ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 1

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The ranking system needs a look at, seems abit silly going up the ranks so fast, especially when you need to rank up each individual unit type anyway.

Went up 7 ranks in one match when I first started playing, was just silly.
Unfortunately, I doubt it will ever return the older method of player progression. It's as though the devs and publishers think gamers need spoon-feeding rank increases and/or perks by simply firing a shot.

It all becomes meaningless. I start the game as a total rookie, yet can achieve 7 ranks in just one game? What's the point of the first 6 ranks then? They are pointless and offer very little in the way of an achievement - just simply a quick stimulus to make you think you're good in that instant. You might as well get an award for making a complete line in Tetris.

To me, (and I haven't tried the BF1 demo yet) - but this is the core reason why BF3 and BF4 fell off the rails. I never feel like I'm working towards something - a high-spec, obscure piece of equipment or weaponry that few other players in the field have. BF4 in particular added insult to injury by showering you with free Gold, Silver and Bronze battle-packs when I simply logged into the bloody game - let alone played a round. It felt like nothing I had obtained I had to work for or at - cross your fingers and who knows, EA may bestow it onto you FOC anyway.

It dilutes the experience completely for me - so much so that for the first time in Battlefield history on my PC, I might not even bother with it. Players who want to jump in, help out their team and commit to a series of objectives are being abandoned by the kids fixated on being rewarded for everything. And no backdrop of awesome graphics or immersive audio can disguise that complete and utter design flaw.

1.2 16v
Unfortunately, I doubt it will ever return the older method of player progression. It's as though the devs and publishers think gamers need spoon-feeding rank increases and/or perks by simply firing a shot.

It all becomes meaningless. I start the game as a total rookie, yet can achieve 7 ranks in just one game? What's the point of the first 6 ranks then? They are pointless and offer very little in the way of an achievement - just simply a quick stimulus to make you think you're good in that instant. You might as well get an award for making a complete line in Tetris.

To me, (and I haven't tried the BF1 demo yet) - but this is the core reason why BF3 and BF4 fell off the rails. I never feel like I'm working towards something - a high-spec, obscure piece of equipment or weaponry that few other players in the field have. BF4 in particular added insult to injury by showering you with free Gold, Silver and Bronze battle-packs when I simply logged into the bloody game - let alone played a round. It felt like nothing I had obtained I had to work for or at - cross your fingers and who knows, EA may bestow it onto you FOC anyway.

It dilutes the experience completely for me - so much so that for the first time in Battlefield history on my PC, I might not even bother with it. Players who want to jump in, help out their team and commit to a series of objectives are being abandoned by the kids fixated on being rewarded for everything. And no backdrop of awesome graphics or immersive audio can disguise that complete and utter design flaw.
On the ranking speed, normally in Beta's the developers increase the speed so players Can test everything or atleast a better chance at testing everything thats put in front of them in a larger scale. Which was why this was an open beta n not just a one for people who have pre ordered it.

Come release I'd bet that this progression has slowed down alot. I've tested a few games during beta n they've all been like this.
I missed playing BF4 with my mate because he was fed up of it by the time I got a PS4. :(

Hoping this will be a return to the BF3 nights of old lol.

Just been reading it could be the first BF over multiple wars/time zones.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I will be getting it for sure. I only ever play bf4 tbh and enjoyed bf1. The £70 deal, three days early play etc is that people are getting? I only see that and the battle packs the only 33 difference?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I will be getting it for sure. I only ever play bf4 tbh and enjoyed bf1. The £70 deal, three days early play etc is that people are getting? I only see that and the battle packs the only 33 difference?
It'll include all future DLC too (unless thats what you meant?) maps etc.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok. A better investment forking out the £70 then? I assume future dlc's will be £15 ish

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok. A better investment forking out the £70 then? I assume future dlc's will be £15 ish

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Or.. just play it and have fun with your mates instead of wanking over ranks?
Eh?

Progression and ranks are at the core of every FPS worthy or note - they have been for a long time. I'm not against them in anyway - its the way they go about them that is the issue. As @-Craigo says - they probably speed-up the progression purely for the sake of the beta.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
On the ranking speed, normally in Beta's the developers increase the speed so players Can test everything or atleast a better chance at testing everything thats put in front of them in a larger scale. Which was why this was an open beta n not just a one for people who have pre ordered it.

Come release I'd bet that this progression has slowed down alot. I've tested a few games during beta n they've all been like this.

The ranks actually meant nothing though, you have to individually rank each unit type up to gain access to other weapons.
That bit was very poorly explained, I've not played Battlefield games for several years so didn't have a f**king clue what was going on.

Ended up searching around online for answers, which is pretty stupid IMO, shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

What were those stupid medal things for as well, that was never really explained - why was I supposed to do the things on the list??

1.2 16v
On the beta they didn't it just got you through the ranks quickly to try and get you access to everything so we could test it.

In BF4 it was similar where u had to do a series of challenges for the medal but you got a new weapon unlocked after you get it. The harder medals have weirder and harder requirements but with the medals you get a set amount of xp which is really helpful. Get a certain amount of 'headshot' medals over so many games and you will get a medal worth say.. 10k exp.
It's not hard but not easy n it's just a nice way to track your own stats :)

Seems the early enlist version does not give you map packs - just access to one of them 7 days early.

"Also includes 7 days early access to a map released later in 2016."

You get some visual packs, but seems a tad expensive if you don't care about the visual stuff!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Seems the early enlist version does not give you map packs - just access to one of them 7 days early.

"Also includes 7 days early access to a map released later in 2016."

You get some visual packs, but seems a tad expensive if you don't care about the visual stuff!
Are you sure that's the right price then? £70 seems bloody extortionate just to play a few days early.

I know that premium for BF4 was close to that price and included all future maps & DLC iirc.

Not 100% convinced I'm going to get this now, but if I do in the future, I'll be using pea shooters when everyone else is rocking full artillery!

Hopefully the campaign is a decent length.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Do you have to pay for DLC packs now?

I didn't play the last game, IIRC the one before came with free DLC (or the one before that??)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Bf4 premium was access to the dlc's iirc, there were still maps you have to buy, all are free now.

If memory serves

Are you sure that's the right price then? £70 seems bloody extortionate just to play a few days early.

I know that premium for BF4 was close to that price and included all future maps & DLC iirc.

Not 100% convinced I'm going to get this now, but if I do in the future, I'll be using pea shooters when everyone else is rocking full artillery!

Hopefully the campaign is a decent length.

You get some visual packs and weapons etc but having had a good look around I belive you still have to pay the for DLC by either buying the season pass or getting them one by one.

I'm just ordering the standard version. Probably download. You can pre-install all the files etc 2 days early ready to play on day of release.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The early access thing on the Battlefield website raises an eyebrow.

Get your boots on the ground early with the Battlefield 1 Play First Trial. Play Up to five days before launch for a 10 full hours

Does that mean that you can play it five days in advance, but only for a total of 10 hours?

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
The early access thing on the Battlefield website raises an eyebrow.

Does that mean that you can play it five days in advance, but only for a total of 10 hours?

I assume it's 10 hours total.
This is the same with all games available through EA Access.

EA access starts on 13th

Can't wait!!!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ordered. Got all confused as I thought the game was out Friday. Get the email sayin be ready to pick up on the 21st. Rang and they said that's when the game is out knob head. Fair one.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I did the 10 trial also and now the early enlister to. Really enjoying it so far. Conquest matches are the way to go, though you do tend to die a lot.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Picking this up Friday all being well. Lost the email from smyths but pretty sure they contact you the day before? Will ring them Tomo. Better half is off Friday, handy.