ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

BG Clio 182
Trying to do the new Second Assault assignments for the new weapons, the GOL Magnum is doing my head in, having to get a sniper ribbon and 5 kills from the tower in Firestorm is near on impossible for me.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I've been dabbling with this online (XBone) and I have to say that I just can't get along with it. I really, really suck at this game!

I'm also struggling with the campaign! The bit where you have to shoot the chopper down when you're in the car towards the beginning. Don't know why, but I've tried it about 30 times now and just can't shoot the helicopter down :(

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Caspian border 2014 has been pretty much unplayable the past few days. Really bad lag, the same issue Lancang Dam had when in the vehicles but all the time!

1.8 Civic EX
I've been dabbling with this online (XBone) and I have to say that I just can't get along with it. I really, really suck at this game!

I'm also struggling with the campaign! The bit where you have to shoot the chopper down when you're in the car towards the beginning. Don't know why, but I've tried it about 30 times now and just can't shoot the helicopter down :(

IIRC you don't shoot it down, just drive, then theres a cut scene at the end.

Online can be quite tough to get into. Sometimes I surprise myself and do rather well (by my standards) and other times I'm utter s**t and rage quite after about 15mins lol (normally on Parcel Storm, who invented that map? It is utterly crap!)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Well I never seem to be able to hit it, and I end up dying and having to restart by the tunnel. f**king annoying!

Mito Sportiva 135
The MG4 is the ultimate badass gun. With a coyote RDS, compensator, and either 2x magnifier or green laser site it truly is a god gun. It's beastly at short, medium and long range and with the extended 200 clip you can just keep firing for ages.

I'd definitely recommend it - been getting 2:1 kd scores or better with it consistently.

Also edging closer to the PDW-R which is meant to be good - it's my next unlock.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Had some epic games of Conquest Large yesterday playing only China Rising.

Shot down my first chopper with an RPG. Absolute chancer of a shot - about 3 inches (real size) in front of it. Was screaming "XBOX RECORD!!!!" for ages but nothing happened :(

Levelled up 3 times - 100% boost yo.

Using the Ace 23 (epicness) on Assault and Ace 21 CQB for engineer - jury is out on that though. The stability is shocking.

Tried hardcore - great when shooting, terrible when getting shot!! The DMR's are tasty on Hardcore though. Realistically powerful.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
The MG4 is the ultimate badass gun. With a coyote RDS, compensator, and either 2x magnifier or green laser site it truly is a god gun. It's beastly at short, medium and long range and with the extended 200 clip you can just keep firing for ages.

I'd definitely recommend it - been getting 2:1 kd scores or better with it consistently.

Also edging closer to the PDW-R which is meant to be good - it's my next unlock.

It has similar stats the the 249 which I dont quite get?

Mito Sportiva 135
It has similar stats the the 249 which I dont quite get?

Not really tried the 249 - looks decent though although I think stability is important on an LMG as some buck like mules. I use the coyote RDS on all my guns really - not necessarily the best for each gun but gives me some consistency in aiming when I try something new. Plus it looks the best!

I like the 2x mag but it makes the gun look lame and takes up too much of the screen - but definitely a good addition on larger maps.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Not really tried the 249 - looks decent though although I think stability is important on an LMG as some buck like mules. I use the coyote RDS on all my guns really - not necessarily the best for each gun but gives me some consistency in aiming when I try something new. Plus it looks the best!

I like the 2x mag but it makes the gun look lame and takes up too much of the screen - but definitely a good addition on larger maps.

Support is the one class I dont use - I dont really get how to play it effectively.

Do you hang back say near an objective keeping "guard" or can you run and gun too? I like the idea of a mowing session but whenever I play as one I get loads of suppression and assist points and little kills haha.

I have just unlocked the M60 though - worth a bash with that you reckon?

Mito Sportiva 135
Support is the one class I dont use - I dont really get how to play it effectively.

Do you hang back say near an objective keeping "guard" or can you run and gun too? I like the idea of a mowing session but whenever I play as one I get loads of suppression and assist points and little kills haha.

I have just unlocked the M60 though - worth a bash with that you reckon?

I didn't use this class either until levelling up to get this gun as I had seen good reviews for it. Personally I find it can do anything as it's powerful, accurate, good damage and stability with a MASSIVE clip. With the magnifier on I can shoot people from miles away - even take groups on. At medium distance you can take down a group and even in close quarters you can run and gun even if you don't use the scope and just spray and hope. I can be offensive and defensive with good success. My accuracy is low with it (only about 14%) but as I use it for suppression that's not a surprise. My k/m is OK with it (0.85) but I have only recently discovered how good it is and expect that to go right up.

I use the C4 and ammo box so can still be effective at taking out vehicles.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I've never had much luck running and gunning with LMGs. Yesterday I started using the G36C, quick and easy carbine to use and good hip fire too. Only thing I didn't like was the damage, if it was a tad more powerful id stick with it, nothing IMO is as good as the ace 52 for me! Had a few quads (with a 25 bullet round!) on metro using it off the hip!

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't use this class either until levelling up to get this gun as I had seen good reviews for it. Personally I find it can do anything as it's powerful, accurate, good damage and stability with a MASSIVE clip. With the magnifier on I can shoot people from miles away - even take groups on. At medium distance you can take down a group and even in close quarters you can run and gun even if you don't use the scope and just spray and hope. I can be offensive and defensive with good success. My accuracy is low with it (only about 14%) but as I use it for suppression that's not a surprise. My k/m is OK with it (0.85) but I have only recently discovered how good it is and expect that to go right up.

I use the C4 and ammo box so can still be effective at taking out vehicles.

Interesting read. I love c4'ing vehicles. I use Recon with DMR for that though.

My KPM is only 0.4 haha. SPM is 600 though which is pretty good I think.

I neeeeed to unlock the ACE 52 @Liam. edit: hang on I have hahaha

I have played Operation Metro 3 times. I have 4 kills on that map haha. Hate it with a passion.

Last edited:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Yeah it's not everyone's cuppa. With the ace 52 you need to get used to shooting in bursts, I use coyote RDS, ergo grip, laser sight and the muzzle brake. When I'm suddenly in a 1on1 with someone I use the hip fire accuracy to my advantage, usually get in 1 or 2 hit markers on them before I aim down the sight, that's if they're not already dead! Really powerful.

Decent score per min you have there, I think mine is around 550 now, the last couple of games of the evening we normally all mess around in the spawn with C4 and stuff, that kills it! skill is 431 now.

Mito Sportiva 135
I switched to it for a bit but went back to my AK5C as most of my engagements seem to be at medium range.

Food for thought. I need some Carbine points to get the M4

The 2 carbines I use are the 95B1 and AK5C - the former with a silencer is awesome if you like playing like a ninja as I do. Love flanking enemies and taking them down before they realise what's happening.

My score per minute is over 600 and skill over 250 at the moment, and total k/d is 1.11 so think I've got a good balance of playing the objective and not sucking in the process!

banther

ClioSport Club Member
The 2 carbines I use are the 95B1 and AK5C - the former with a silencer is awesome if you like playing like a ninja as I do. Love flanking enemies and taking them down before they realise what's happening.

My score per minute is over 600 and skill over 250 at the moment, and total k/d is 1.11 so think I've got a good balance of playing the objective and not sucking in the process!

Jeez my K/D is 0.6 haha. Skill only 215 :(

I havent yet used a silenced weapon. I probably should as most of the time I'm capturing bases solo -at least initially. I just run round on dirt bikes / quads frantically going for deserted bases. I tried camping yesterday with the MK11 MOD but got severely bored!

You on XBO? If so - fancy game at some point?

Mito Sportiva 135
Skill goes up and down a lot so wouldn't worry about it, think ppm is a better reflection of how useful you are on a team.

With the MOD I still rambo around - although find I am only good with it on Rogue Transmission for some reason.

I'm on 360 though I'm afraid mate - might suck on One with twice as many players on it! Seems like a different game.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Kd is 1.47, best gun is the AS VAL, shame you can't use with support to have c4 and ammo box. Naval strike out tomorrow too, obviously a tester for the new Star wars battlefront game if anyone remembers that from years back. Mg4 is s**t also only one worth using is the type88. Anyone get any glitches with the attack jets dealing no damage to gun ships unless about 10m away? Was on Paracel Storm.

Mito Sportiva 135
Kd is 1.47, best gun is the AS VAL, shame you can't use with support to have c4 and ammo box. Naval strike out tomorrow too, obviously a tester for the new Star wars battlefront game if anyone remembers that from years back. Mg4 is s**t also only one worth using is the type88. Anyone get any glitches with the attack jets dealing no damage to gun ships unless about 10m away? Was on Paracel Storm.

Erm - I don't think it is s***...if it is then I must just be an amazingly skilled player then as I've had great success with the MG4.

I've experienced loads of glitches of late. Current worst one (other than crashing all the time) is all the colours go weird - bright pinks and turqoises. Also had another one where after going in the water it still sounds like I'm underwater even when I get out (this is until I die). Another one is after being revived is all my HUD disappears and enemy/ally indicators.

Oh Dice...how is this game STILL such a mess? :( Yet I keep going back for more...

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Had a really good game last night. We won 452-0. Came third with 8000+ with only 19 kills haha. My squad was position 1-4. Love it when you have a good squad who actually play objectives. I'm still yet to speak with someone over the mic in any battlefield game. Hugely annoying!!

ACE 52 is an absolute beast.

Still yet to come top. Always some knob on 40+ kills beats me.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I really need to start playing this game. I love it, but then die as I'm still in full "noob" mode. Need to sit and play it so that I actually learn the game, the last one I played with success was BC2.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
MarcJP after a while of not playing always takes me 3/4 games to get my eye back in. Just know youre going to be s**t for a bit and just work through!

Yeah, you're right mate. Gonna fire up the One and smash a few games over the next couple of days...

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I saw a guy hovering the F-35 jet on Caspian, with another guy stood on the wing fixing him with the repair tool, FLOL. He also had a stinger and was shooting helicopters and jets. Had to look twice at first, bare in mind this jet was a good few hundred meters off the ground!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Will do mate, what's your GT? Working today and watching the Man U game later, I'll be about afterwards, and I'm off work tomorrow and Friday whilst home alone :)

Mito Sportiva 135
Had a really good game last night. We won 452-0. Came third with 8000+ with only 19 kills haha. My squad was position 1-4. Love it when you have a good squad who actually play objectives. I'm still yet to speak with someone over the mic in any battlefield game. Hugely annoying!!

ACE 52 is an absolute beast.

Still yet to come top. Always some knob on 40+ kills beats me.

Generally I find people on mics on this game are talking to someone in the background. Only once have I had someone who was talking about the game - and showed me a really cool hidden shortcut on one of the Second Assault maps (which I even got an achievement for!)

Still, better than the Halo 3 days of 12 year old Americans squeaking at me I guess!

I've only come top probably a dozen or so times but usually in the top 3.

Nearly got my PDW-R now, looking forward to trying it out once I do!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I saw a guy hovering the F-35 jet on Caspian, with another guy stood on the wing fixing him with the repair tool, FLOL. He also had a stinger and was shooting helicopters and jets. Had to look twice at first, bare in mind this jet was a good few hundred meters off the ground!

Is that a glitch or can that jet hover? How do you do that?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Is that a glitch or can that jet hover? How do you do that?

Yeah you can hover the F-35, just hold the left trigger down when you are taking off instead of forward. Or if you are flying, hold the trigger down until it slows way down, then the landing gear comes out and you can slowly hover around. Watch for RPGs though!

Clio 1.2 16v

Sounds like something we would to tbh

White APE
Generally I find people on mics on this game are talking to someone in the background. Only once have I had someone who was talking about the game - and showed me a really cool hidden shortcut on one of the Second Assault maps (which I even got an achievement for!)

Still, better than the Halo 3 days of 12 year old Americans squeaking at me I guess!

I've only come top probably a dozen or so times but usually in the top 3.

Nearly got my PDW-R now, looking forward to trying it out once I do!

What's this shortcut you speak of?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'm going to guess that it's the waste disposal pipe on Caspian Border near the D flag.