ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bean cup 182 number 2 ......

arctic 182 ff
After a busy few weeks ive managed to give the car a clean and get some photos this afternoon of the latest 182.This was my first bean

cup4.jpg

After a couple of weeks of owning this 182 it was becoming clear that i was not 100% happy with the car i just couldnt gel with it,i had planned to spend a bit of cash on it with some basic mods exhaust,suspension,rs tuner,so before i did i thought i would advertised the car and see if i could sell it on before spending the cash on it.2 days after advertising it a deposit was taken 3 days later it was gone.after it was gone i was starting to slightly regret selling it but on the other hand i was sort of happy as i could start again.in the mean time i jumped back into my old golf gt tdi hack as this had not sold while advertised,after running about in the golf for a week it was clear that i definatly wanted another clio 172/182.

After looking at a couple of 172's and then missing out on an rb 182,i came across this bean 182 advertised on scumtree,spoke to the lad and he was desperate to sell it his insurance had expired and had nowhere to keep it to sorn it due to the new laws.The advert was poor and the car was badly presented.after a bit of a haggle i got it for an absolute steal and im more than happy with this one.

It had just been mot'd,had 6 months tax,had a full service at the end of may,belts done end of last year,has a full service history,63k,and begining of this year it had a cat back system from aas.:approve:

Pics same location as last one

bean1.jpg

bean2.jpg

bean3.jpg

bean4.jpg

bean5.jpg

bean6.jpg

bean7.jpg

When i first got the car it was filthly and had a few war wounds to the front bumper which over the past few weeks ive sorted out.

i also noticed that when driving home that it revs to 7400-7500 so im guessing its had some sort of tweek to the ecu.

Also im unsure what the rear spolier is its bigger than a cup spolier but it doesnt tail off like a cup spolier does can anyone tell me what it is.im wondering if the car has been owned previously by a cs member ???

since i got the car ive..

repaired front bumper
replaced os fog lamp
fitted skoda splitter
3/4 front plate
standard new rear plate
silvervisions
aero wipers
shorter aieral
replaced all the gearbox mounts
fitted 35mm lowering springs
de-catted the aas system (sounds exellent)
fitted a standard airbox with pannel filter and my own cold air feed as it came with a k+n
painted front and rear dimonds,bullets and clio badge rover gunmetal grey
removed renault and sport badge as i dont like them
full clean with various autoglym and megs products

Future plans are

diy wheel refurb
matched inlets
rs tuner
session with a dent removal technician

Im more than happy with this one it just feels a better car to drive than the other one maybee its because it has 10000 more miles on it and is run in,who knows ?? thanks for looking and reading my waffle lol :rasp:

arctic 182 ff
I would've had the recaro's out of the old bean mate :(

I was toying with sourcing some standard seats and keeping the recaro's before i sold the first one but tbh i didnt really have the time and for all they are a stunning looking seat i dont think there all that.imo :/

arctic 182 ff
Trophy spoiler is win, you shouldn't be hard to spot about, I'll keep an eye out. Was the skoda splitter hard to got? It looks nice but I have no idea how to fit one lol

You will hear it before you see it lol,i got the splitter from a skoda dealer cant remember which one as a mate sorted it for me but it was just shy of £12 new,wasnt too bad to fit needed a couple or tweaks here and there.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Renault Sport missing :( - go for the 197 badge freshens the back end up rather than the 200 which IMO looks bad on the back of a 172/182.
Unless you like the quiet look.........

arctic 182 ff
Renault Sport missing :( - go for the 197 badge freshens the back end up rather than the 200 which IMO looks bad on the back of a 172/182.
Unless you like the quiet look.........

I dont like the renault and sport badge,the sport badge has been stuck on so many different cars,see it on random cars all the time gone right off it,i was toying with the 197 renault sport but grown to like it without the badges looks clean imo

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Satin black your grille! :) would make the bean colour 'pop' more from the front

Other than that, it looks spot on mate :)

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
V6/Trophy spoiler ;)
Shame about the pikey skoda splitter :( other than that the car looks very very clean

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
You will hear it before you see it lol,i got the splitter from a skoda dealer cant remember which one as a mate sorted it for me but it was just shy of £12 new,wasnt too bad to fit needed a couple or tweaks here and there.

Hmm, give it a bit of beans going past my car on roker baths road so I know it's you. Normally have the window open so on the morning I'm woken up by scoobs evos and supras ha, I'm sure I'll be able to tell you from the rest of them.

Yeah, I really want one since they're so cheap :p