ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

been offer a 1996 clio ?

clio 1.2 16v,
hey i have been looking for a while for nice cheap old style clio

i have been offered a 1996 i think clio 1.4 in blue

about 78k miles,

the headgasket is basicaly gone :(

but yea i can have it for about £250.00

i will be working on it over the year slowly gradualy road legal track day thing :)

what do people think good deal? bad deal? waste of time?

what can i do ?

cheers people

clio 1.2 16v,
yea 3 door im going to see it tomo, as i have only a very very bad pic on phone,

how much will a headgasket set me back?

No idea with regards to the head gasket, if you want a track car i'd junk the 1.4 engine & valver engine it up (1.8 16v engine) they can be had for cheap (you could williams engine it 2.0 16v, but they cost more) Sort the brakes & suspaension out etc though.

clio 1.2 16v,
well secrets so far but the engines going,

just wanna see roughly how much soem parts are

eg

headgasket
some nice trackday wheels and tyres,
coillys
buckets

Don't replace the HG, just do a straight conversion imo.

The rest of the stuff can be had quite cheap if your on a budget etc, it's just a matter of scouting round for the bits.

Head Gasket for a 1.4 E-type Clio is £11 Pounds
Then £10 for the stretch bolts.

then £500 labour lol

clio 1.2 16v,
nice :) engine wont be going in for a while if i get it, every thing else will be done, get it all road worthy with the 1.4 then replace

clio 1.2 16v,
dad runs his own workshop so no labour involved :) just work on it in spare time

going to drive it tomo to see what its like

Say the engines stuffed though ?

If it is the head gasket and it hasn't been driven much like it.. Then worst it could really be is a bit warped only costs £30 to get it re-shimmed

Can always start it up to make sure it isn't fucked before you buy it.
Might mean draining the water out so you can start it with a fucked gasket.
Al depends how bad its gone. Most of the ones i work on are just in-between the cylinder and the water passage ways.

Last edited:
  clio 1.2 16v,
ok should be going to pick it up tomo, and straight away popping it int he workshop for a big big check my old man wants to sell it on, but i said it wont be worth it looking around nice ones are fetching 1k tops, with about 50-60k.

so once its in the garage the stripping begins!!!!

1998 mk1......?

they stopped in 1996/7 IIRC, 1998 would be mk2 ph1....?

or is 1998 the gay headlight one lol?

ok should be going to pick it up tomo, and straight away popping it int he workshop for a big big check my old man wants to sell it on, but i said it wont be worth it looking around nice ones are fetching 1k tops, with about 50-60k.

so once its in the garage the stripping begins!!!!

1K for and 1998 if your VERY lucky

£600 for a cash sale.

1998 mk1......?

they stopped in 1996/7 IIRC, 1998 would be mk2 ph1....?

or is 1998 the gay headlight one lol?

I swear there was some 1998's
Just with the Mk2 engine using the left over Mk1 ph3 shells
I believe May 1998 was when the last Mk1 Shell was made.

Last edited:
  clio 1.2 16v,
to be honest i wouldnt have a clue! i havnt rung him direct yet its my best mates brother, i have only spoke to my mate,

so will speak him direct tomo

all i know is its old shape not sure what mark, either way £200 quid BARGAIN