ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bell drive other cars third party extension

anyone got this on their policy? as i have,, but they isnt much detail on the ins and outs of it..

ive got the documents sayin im insured on the cars third party. but my cars going in the garage and i need a car for the day.. if i borrow my mates subaru sti and get pulled..

im covered aint i..? they aint no price limit on the cars or anythign is there? as i know if i was to insure the car on my name i wouldnt be able to as im under 21..

however surely this third party extension on my cover should allow me 2 for the day..

correct?

Last edited:
  1.2 16v Dynamique
You could ring your insurers to double check mate, I reckon this has to be the best way, better to be 100% sure

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
as far as im aware u have to be over 25 to allow you to drive any other car 3rd party ?

E92 330
as far as im aware u have to be over 25 to allow you to drive any other car 3rd party ?

i also got told this by a copper who pulled me over and told me that i couldnt possibly be insured on my friends car as i was under 25 and it was now against the law. coppers lie tho!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
well every insurers i have been with or spoken to wont do it! untill your 25... the only way around it was to get put on my mates trade policy... i can drive what the f**k i like now lol

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Bell told me that they dont insure under 21`s to drive other cars third party id defo call to check.

im pretty sure that correct...i think you have to be 25+ to be covered on other peoples vehicles, or other people to be insured on your vehicle.

visualize whirled pe
Just remember though if you are covered you are only covered for the person you crash into, you are not covered for damage to your mates car.

I think the rule applies to vehicles which are not registerd to your house hold but I could be wrong.

It's a grey area if you ask me. The guy who wrote my last car off by rear ending me as I approched a turning was driving a borrowed car on 3rd party insurance, it took nearly a month to get him to admit liability and his insurers were being idol too, mainly because I dont think they wanted to pay out. Personally unless you are only going 100 yards down the road I wouldnt do it.

Bell told me that they dont insure under 21`s to drive other cars third party id defo call to check.

im pretty sure that correct...i think you have to be 25+ to be covered on other peoples vehicles, or other people to be insured on your vehicle.

its not??

i can try look out my old documents...or even my current ones to proove...

it changes with circumstances i recon..? of the two companies ive mentioned, when i turned 21, this was added on to the policcy documents...

some companies its 21 others its prob 25....

nah im covered got the paperwork and i did the insurance over the fone, and made sure of that before i took the policy out, he was trying to get me to take it off my policy so i get a cheaper premium and all that but i told him no i want it! and he gave me it, documented when i called them 2..so im safe :)

p.s. im 20 so they do accept under 25s now

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Call them mate, ive had it for years and im only just 25.
The car needs to be insured/taxed in someone elses name to be 100% legit.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
i had this on my policy when i was with them and when i spoke 2 them they said i could drive any privately owned car(owned by some1 else), but i think there was a like 100k value limit.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i have it written on my certificate that i am allowed, but i rang up to check and im not as im under 25, they just forgot to take it off

clio 172 cup
im 19 and i have the third party extension cover on my insurance and i have asked to make shore the only limitations to this cover is that it must be a car not a van or bike. no limits on engine size, price etc etc