ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bell Housing Separate?

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Is the bell housing separate on the 182 gearbox? Asking because i have a large hole in mine :(

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Thanks Chip-mk1 , don't suppose you have a spare one lying around? :approve:

Last edited:

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Also is there any difference between the 1*2 ph1/ph2 gearbox's in regards to the bell housing? For example could i buy a scrap gearbox from any 172/182 and nick the bell housing from it?

Also providing the flywheel is ok, and the gearbox its self isn't damaged, what else could need replacing? Potentially the release bearing & shaft?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Check the clutch while the box is off.

You can use a 172 one, the only difference is that they have a speedo drive hole, but you could plug that.

Sadly the only spare bellhousing I have at the moment has a crack in it.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Check the clutch while the box is off.

You can use a 172 one, the only difference is that they have a speedo drive hole, but you could plug that.

Sadly the only spare bellhousing I have at the moment has a crack in it.

No need to check the clutch, theres currently shards of it scattered around the engine bay :boring: