ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Belt change w/ clutch and service

I bought my car about 6 months ago (see username) with no details of any cambelt change. I suspect it had already been done for its 80K or so miles as it was an ex-fleet car. I feel that I should go ahead and do a belt change on the car, just to be on the safe side as you don't really know! Especially as I do a good 1K miles in it every 2 weeks.

Now, the thing is, when the belt is being changed, is there anything else that is also worth while being looked at and changed too at the same time? Perhaps the clutch?

I want to do a basic service also - shall I wait till after the belts have been done?

Reading around on this forum, it seems that the belts have to be changed by someone who has a particular 'tool' to do it with? Is this correct? I live in Cambridgeshire, are there any suggestions around this area?