ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bent Steering wheel

Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq
Hey guys,

Ever since i bought my clio 04 over a year ago, the steering wheel is slightly bent to the right, meaning instead of being in a 12oclok position its at about 1 o clok. Btw the car drives STRAIGHT when at this 1 o clock position, and drifts to the left when at 12o clock.

I was wondering what the possible causes of this could be? I did buy the car as slightly salvaged needed minor repairs etc.

Its not that it afects my driving in anyway, but id now like it to be straight after a years worth of driving :rasp:

Your help will be much appreciated :)

Titanium 182
Could be tracking, could be that you just need to take the wheel off and reposition it!

Under hard braking does it steer to either the left or the right? If you let go of the wheel on a straight road does it do the same thing?

Titanium 182
also check your tyre pressures, garages can take the wheel off and straighten it easy enough.

clio rs 2000
hi i am from turkey i dont know its english but
when you take your cxar to service they make road and balance adjustment to the whells
if they do not do it carrefully the streering whell turns a little:(

thats the reason of it

Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq
Could be tracking, could be that you just need to take the wheel off and reposition it!

Under hard braking does it steer to either the left or the right? If you let go of the wheel on a straight road does it do the same thing?

no when i brake it stops in a normal procedure i.e. no drifting

The same applies to when i am driving straight, it doesnt drift at all, its just that the steering wheel stays in a 1 o clok position.

If i take it to a tyre shop 2moro u fink they can sort it?

or isit something i can possibly sort out my self?

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Got the same issue, tried taking the steering wheel off, didnt budge at all. Now I've learnt to live with it but whenever I look at it, it bugs me.
The steering wheel ended up being wonky after I had a broken ABS ring replaced

Titanium 182
just take it to a kwik fit equivalent or something they should be able to sort it out. Alba tyres did mine.

Titanium 182
no when i brake it stops in a normal procedure i.e. no drifting

The same applies to when i am driving straight, it doesnt drift at all, its just that the steering wheel stays in a 1 o clok position.

If i take it to a tyre shop 2moro u fink they can sort it?

or isit something i can possibly sort out my self?

It's just your steering wheel then, nothing wrong with your tracking.

Taking the steering wheel off isn't a hard job, if you have an air bag just make sure the battery is disconnect for at least 20-30mins before you take it off.

Reposition, job done!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i wouldnt have thought it would be in the wrong position,
begs the question, who took it off, and put it back on WRONG! lol

when indicating,
do the indicators snap off when the steering wheel is at 12 (tracking)
or at 1 o'clock? (wheel position)

my trackings out, and i find that one way, the indicator doesnt turn itself off,
and the other way, it turns off early,

easy way to tell,