ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Berg on Rota's

172 cup
I quite like the photoshop with it really low on the white wheels.Don't bother with the nankangs though,in my experience they are cheap for a reason.I think if they didn't have the sidewall profile they do and have obscure sizes which suit people who want stretch then they would struggle to sell at all.

Cheers Ross.

BlackGold 182
Wow they're has been some arguing in here lol all I asked was thoughts on my car on rota's lol

Yeaaa they're not the real jap wheels but whose gonna put £2k + wheels on a clio lol

182, 6r GTi
Wow they're has been some arguing in here lol all I asked was thoughts on my car on rota's lol

Yeaaa they're not the real jap wheels but whose gonna put £2k + wheels on a clio lol

its ironic that you posted this thread as im looking in to getting a set of these for my car, think it looks good i personally have never been a fan of polished liped rims but i like this.

SQ5
Standard ditch finders.

I wouldn't wanna sacrifice handling/grip just to get those wheels to look better, you would be taking the fun out of the Clio!

Exactly? Why are people going for this look with 172/182's? You can't use the power and ability of this car by ruining it with smaller shitter tyres! Buy a 1.2 and save pennies!

BlackGold 182
Yeaaa but at the end of the day it's still only a Clio? Okay the car is great fun but it's not the quickest car in the world, and there's loads of people with 'stanced' 172/182s

SQ5
Yeaaa but at the end of the day it's still only a Clio? Okay the car is great fun but it's not the quickest car in the world, and there's loads of people with 'stanced' 172/182s

If its only a Clio why aren't you in a 1.2 then? ;)

Most "stanced" ones also look crap too. But yours isn't stanced, is lowered on wide wheels. Keeping the wheels flush with the arches looks so much better. Those Rotas on normal tires spaced with a tiny bit of negative camber will look and handle so much better

BlackGold 182
Haha knew I was gonna get flack for that, don't get me wrong I love mine but Im doing something I've not done myself before

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Standard ditch finders.

I wouldn't wanna sacrifice handling/grip just to get those wheels to look better, you would be taking the fun out of the Clio!

Cheaper innit. They don't plan on crashing iirc.

Lol at these people having a go about cheap tyres, I think with the way he wants to go with the car it won't be likely that he'll be hammering down country lanes or doing trackdays! Plenty of people use cheaper brand tyres on the road and do just fine what makes this guy different? Think people need to pop off the high horses to be brutally honest, who cares if he's doing it to a bloody RS? There 10 a penny these days so not like he's trying to 'scene' up a mint E30 M3 or other pricy classic cars...

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Oddly I actually like them all in white Kieran. Thought it was going to look quite pants but in that photoshoped pic it looks rather good.

I have to say I think the dark anthracite looks the best out of the bunch imo. Do them in that or black with polished lip and loads of your carbon perhaps? Just a thought.

BlackGold 182
haha your right! unless turinis or other sheep wheels then everyone hates it lol

theyres a couple of people on here running rota grids and they havent been slated

thanks mark! yeaa its a long way off were i want it to be, i havent even had the wheels on 2 weeks yet, and it takes alot of messing about to get them to fit let alone it sitting right lol

Cup Packed BG 182
^^ This, it took me a week to fit mine, the car was stationary the whole time just so i could get them on and sitting right, and i dont want to hijack your thread but think they look sweet once done ...

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

Also im running a 195 tyre with no issues now and yes its bumpy on sh*t roads but handles very well, i plan to take mine back on track. Once you have yours sorted it will look sweet mate.

BlackGold 182
Thanks mate!! Yeaaa I need a week were I haven't gotta be anywhere or o anywhere just to sort it out but never happens! Lol

Ollie with the bumpstops you said about, are you running the ones with the coilovers and the powerflex ones too? Or jus powerflex? And what coilovers you running?

Cup Packed BG 182
Its on vmaxx at the moment, im just using powerflex ones on the back, the front is fine, you will be able to it without using tiny tyres, how are the rear arches looking now, if the lip isnt flat use a set of mole grips a towel and a piece of wood to flatten it all.

BlackGold 182
Mole grips never thought of that, what you mean with the wood? My arches are rolled more but it's not completely flat, still has like a 3/4mm lip and then it's rolled back

Also I cut away some of the rear bumper where it joins the arch

172 Flamer, BMW E46
This is deffinately the way im going with my new project! Looks so good!, getting the camber and height right is crucial to ppull of these wheels tho!

BlackGold 182
Yeaa 195 45 will still require quite alot of work to fit in the arches at the back but I I agree 195 45 is the best tyre but I want to go pretty low :)

This will be updated some time next week due to wheels currently being done white, and 165 50 tyres siting waiting to go on

172 Flamer, BMW E46
What sorta work? Arch rolling and camber? Will it be much difference fitting these on a non sport? That lad on here with grids on his black sport has it sitting mint, looks ace, love the wheels on clio's

172 Flamer, BMW E46
Soumd thanks guys, my plan is to put a 172 kit on it anyway so ill hae wider wings.. Where did you get and how hard was it to fit ur stud conversion kit? Cuz it looks ace with nuts instead of bolts!!

BlackGold 182
I bought them both off eBay, bought them both separately though

It's was dead easy to fit the studs! Litterly bout 2 mins a wheel and leave them each wheel for about an hour to be on safe side

BG 182
Have you got to pull the arches out at all or just bend the inner lip upwards?

Are 165 tyres going to be safe to drive on? Surely they'll sacrifice handling?

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Will look good what you have planned i can't stand this place sometimes hating people just because they want to be diffrent.
That's the whole point about modifying.

Lol at the pirate style stitches on the splitter, Looks good IMO.

Cliosport 182
^^ This, it took me a week to fit mine, the car was stationary the whole time just so i could get them on and sitting right, and i dont want to hijack your thread but think they look sweet once done ...

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

Also im running a 195 tyre with no issues now and yes its bumpy on sh*t roads but handles very well, i plan to take mine back on track. Once you have yours sorted it will look sweet mate.

Dragging up a really old thread here but what ET are these wheels does anyone know?