ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Budget 12 Sub

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

My Maystar Sub has just decided to give up so im in need of another. Would get a 10" but theres not point as id need a box ect

Whats the best cheap sub about? Not the best two words to associate together! lol

Also bearing in mind i only have a baby 400w Mac Audio Amp

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

My mate has a JBL and it doesnt sound bad really. Not sure if its a good one though.

Anyway cheers Bryan, Ill take a look on the net and see what people have to offer from JBL.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by hydeyho on 07 April 2005

How about a JL12W0, Ive got one of these for sale atm if youre interested.
How much?

not so sure my 400w amp would power it though!

Nike Lunar Elite's

Looking for £60 but dont wanna post it as it weighs a fair bit, would prefer a pickup from west midlands

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Not a bad price but im in the S/W so probs not really worth it for me.

Nike Lunar Elite's

No probs but I would recommend getting one, its 400w max / 125w rms so Im sure your amp would be fine to power it.

A Euro'd one...

Ive said it before and ill say it again. VIBE. Go for the 12" Black air shouldnt be more than £80 and it kicks out 350 watts rms 700max. You wont be disappointed especially if the box is ported...

Quote: Originally posted by $torm Rider on 07 April 2005

Ive said it before and ill say it again. VIBE. Go for the 12" Black air shouldnt be more than £80 and it kicks out 350 watts rms 700max. You wont be disappointed especially if the box is ported...

ive got 2 in my clio and they vibrate like mad when turned up. Dont sound too bad just need some sound deadening!

Nike Lunar Elite's

Quote: Originally posted by subz on 07 April 2005
Quote: Originally posted by $torm Rider on 07 April 2005Ive said it before and ill say it again. VIBE. Go for the 12" Black air shouldnt be more than £80 and it kicks out 350 watts rms 700max. You wont be disappointed especially if the box is ported...[/QUOTE] ive got 2 in my clio and they vibrate like mad when turned up. Dont sound too bad just need some sound deadening!

Not much good for him though as the amp is prob 150w rms at the most

A Euro'd one...

I suppose for a budget sub a JBL is good. Although if you pay a bit more youll see a world of difference in the overall quality...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Im not a boom boom bad boy though. Just want a bit more bass than standard so cheap will do.

obviously, but his request is for a budget sub, which can be run off his Mac amp, which rules out the Vibe BB, otherwise i would have mentioned that

jbl (especially from some places) are extremely good value for money, may not be anything special in terms of build quality of sound quality, but what they do, they do well