ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Buffing Material.....

RS Meg 175
Well as you probably saw i bought some new car washing kit the other day from Hellfords, and then gave the 1.2 beast a good washing when i got home here is what i done:

2 Bucket Method: Megs NXT Shampoo
Rinsed With Watering Can
Dried With A Microfibre Towel (Forgot Get A Fookin Waffle lol)

Used AG Polish Resin* With a Meg Pad Then Went Over It With A White Mitt From Halfords To buff It Up A little.

Then I Used The NXT Wax put on with a Meg Pad and then went over it with a microfibre towel.

Then Glass Polish AG
And Tyre Dressed Megs Rubber Preserver

After this i was quite pleased with the result but i still didnt really have that show car shine and the colour depth, such as Thomss.
And my car is black as well :(

Any one got any idea?
Cheer fellas

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
After the super resin polish , seal it with AG extra gloss protection , dead easy to use , then wax . Use microfibre cloths to remove and megs foam applicators to put on .

renault clio 1.9d
i work in a body shop we use ferrecla g3 then use a machine polish over it an it will gleam like hell!, if u want the effects to last for a while apply some deep shine wax over the top.... i think its called "top wax" agen by ferrecla, the g3 an machine polish will ave to be put on with a highspeed buffer tho if u choose to do it be careful u dont burn thru the paint as i did lol cheers

106 GTi
If you not getting the results and gloss your looking for. You will need to polish the car to a higher gloss, AG SRP will need something before hand to polish to a higher level of shine.

What you are removing product with has very little effect.

I have used most products on Black, a selection here

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/r-jay-clio/

P9040020.jpg

106 GTi
PC Polish with SSR 2, Glaze with Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, Wax with Poorboys Nattys Blue Wax.

RS Meg 175
Is there any way i could get that effect without spending so much? since as you can see spent a bit on Megs shizzo earlier this week lol?
Cheers

106 GTi
You wil probably need someone to give it a lick over with the PC, it's not really possible to polish your paint to the same kind of gloss by hand.

Try a couple of coats of Super Resin and see if it gets better. Depth of paint is really in the prep. A good claying to get clean paint, then various grades of polish to burnish the paint to a high gloss. A wax alone won't give you the look your trying to get.