ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best companies to insure a 182 with at 18 nearly 19

RS6 C7
Hopefully i will be able to insure one soon, Just wondering the cheapest places to use?, i have some decent money to insure one. Advice will be much appreciated ;)

Listerine & Poledo
although you'll find going direct will save you a few %, do a confused.com search.

You'd best have some lube ready, or really have nothing better to do with your money.

good luck

Listerine & Poledo
there are endless threads on here on one reason why.

(young man + RS Clio) * y0! = Insurance claim

Hopefully i will be able to insure one soon, Just wondering the cheapest places to use?, i have some decent money to insure one. Advice will be much appreciated ;)
Just out of interest how much are you paying on your current car. I have seen some horror stories from people trying to insure a 1.6 at 18.

Listerine & Poledo
£750 for me and the missus
But she's only been driving 3 years so that's not helping matters

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Im 21 this year and I went to get a quote last year and they wouldnt even quote me lol

If you do get a quote let me know what company it's with.

RS6 C7
i currently pay £2000 for the 1.6 16v, i would pay up to £3500 for a clio sport, i have a decent job and a my age i dont have that many bills to pay so may aswell use the money for something :)

Seat Ibiza
i currently pay £2000 for the 1.6 16v, i would pay up to £3500 for a clio sport, i have a decent job and a my age i dont have that many bills to pay so may aswell use the money for something :)

WTF, your mad mate!!! I'm 21 and pay £750 with Elephant and I am not a fan at all!!

I'd rather have a nice car and be out on the piss every night :)

RS6 C7
thing is though mate i pay £2000 for a car worth £1200, my mate who just passed pays £3200 for a 1.2 16v mk1!, insurance takes the piss but my thoughts were that i may aswell get the real deal rather than paying to insure any mods on the 1.6 :(

Do a quote.

Then do a quote where you change your DOB to simulate the price for when you're 19 and have 2 years ncb.

You will then realise it's worth waiting. For me the day that I had 2 years ncb at 19 was literally a light switch. The day before, no chance! The price literally halved overnight as insurance companies work in whole numbers I.e. 'nearly 19' doesn't mean jack.

1.2 y0!
glad you can afford to pay £3000+ for insurance, i winced when i had to renew my lambretta last week and they said it had gone up... 50p to £195!!!! lol :eek:

i dont have 2 years ncb though ;(, i changed my policy so i dont know if i even have one

Well then you'll be very lucky to even get a quote. You do realise companies do not have to give you a quote, they can just refuse.

But seriously stop being unhelpful and lazy and just get a quote then you'll know exactly how much it'll cost rather than asking people to guess!

RS6 C7
been quoted just above 3k at 18, so hopefully once im 19 it should go down a but more, might go lower if i add some named drivers onto the policy aswell ;)

Clio 182
been quoted just above 3k at 18, so hopefully once im 19 it should go down a but more, might go lower if i add some named drivers onto the policy aswell ;)

I wouldn't hold your breath mate, insurance companies are getting dearer all the time- robbing *******s!