ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best filter ? help

anything
ive a ph1 172 with standard airbox , im told the origional box is the best but what filter do i put in , itg, k+n i really dont know what to go for so any help would be fab

thanks in advance
nigel

silver Ph1 172
I would leave the standard airbox in as the v6 one makes no difference in gains. I've got a Bmc filter in my airbox, seems champion and its cheaper than the itg and k&n etc.

I can recommend the pipercross one... but there's little difference between them all tbh.
At the end of the day all a panel filter does is last longer than the standard paper one.

air filter gains are all in the mind. some can show improvments but i doubt its noticable. as said above upgrade the panel filter in the standard box. it wasnt designed to be changed because it doesnt work.......

Clio 172 Cup
it may be in my mind but it does feel better when starting from cold and in general while driving, my old one may have been very dirty and old so may just have been nice to change it.I am not claiming huge gains or anything magical, maybe im wrong!Nick

Stagecoach Ticket
the JMS setup seems to give good gains and look pretty but is £140 odd

ITG are what most use i think

but as fubar said i dnt think the difference between foam filters will be huge mate.