ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Head Unit for around £100

Looking a new Head Unit for the car, around the £100 price barrier.
Not overly fussy but would like it to have Bluetooth and an aux port.
Throw any ideas this way! :)

And that one lead will let me retain my steering wheel controls? Wtf do you fit it all behind the dash! I struggled getting head unit in alone!

Yep, but test it before you go shoving it all back in, the little yellow plug isn't the tightest fit (or wasn't on mine anyway).

Little tip, pull your hazard strip out, unplug all the switches and use that space to pull and shove wires to the side. I found that the hazard switch wires caught on the top left of the headunit, stopping it going all the way back. That's the easiest way without removing the dash top.

No worries. It brings back all of them, both source buttons, skip track roller and the volume buttons. Not sure if you know but if you press both volume buttons it halves the volume, or at least does on mine. I think it's for taking phone calls, which you can't do anyway lol.

Oh, and on your center dash display it will say renault, just in case you forget what you're driving.

mk1 Octavia VRS
Update on the Pioneer DEH-8600BT - occasionally displays the wrong track information, the text on the display is very small and hard to read and it doesn't have the same quality feel as my old Alpine. It's going back this weekend!

Inferno 182 CUP
That's the one I've got and it works fine. Have you made sure everything is plugged in properly? Is the little yellow block plugged into the right pins?

appears to be but i get nothing!! do i have to plug in a certain order? how can i get the yellow block wrong?

appears to be but i get nothing!! do i have to plug in a certain order? how can i get the yellow block wrong?

I'll have a look at mine tomorrow and take a pic of the yellow block, I couldn't get mine to work and my mate who works in car audio had it working in a matter of seconds.

Inferno 182
Same as ^^ I ordered the same from the link above for my DEH X6600DAB. It doesn't work either had the yellow plug in and out. Plugged in HU 3.5mm end first as per instructions still nothing. Fitted standard HU back and that's fine.
Have sent mind back and wondering if should give this a go as it has it's own yellow plug.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIONEER-R...cles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item3a6360ffcb

Last time I changed one on a Alpine about 5 years ago it went straight into a plug and not that module thing with patch lead.