ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Hoover...

MINI Cooper S
So the dyson finally packed in (thank god) and i now have the excuse i needed to buy a new DECENT hoover... (didnt think to much to the dyson at all!) Whats everyones recommendations? It will be used around the house as well as in the car :)

Danny

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I would also like to know of a decent car hoover. One that could suck chrome off a tail hitch.

But preferably, i'd like a heavy duty one as it will get used day in day out to valet cars.

Dan.

VaVa
I thought the same Raplph lol

I want to turn my missus into a vacuum cleaner because she could suck a golf ball through a graden hose.

Less
what about one of the those handheld dyson ones, i know u saidu did'nt rathe ur dyson... but that might just have been that model

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i think henry's are good but only as i see them everywhere, ideally a wet dry vacuum would be better

1.2 16v Clio Campus Sport
The dyson car adaptor is really good. I know you said not dyson but they are really good.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
So the dyson finally packed in (thank god) and i now have the excuse i needed to buy a new DECENT hoover... (didnt think to much to the dyson at all!) Whats everyones recommendations? It will be used around the house as well as in the car :)

Danny

Did the motor go???

The motor in our Dyson was garbage...bought a Vax one for £50 and it picks up better than the bloody Dyson did!!!!!!

MINI Cooper S

Danny

Did the motor go???

The motor in our Dyson was garbage...bought a Vax one for £50 and it picks up better than the bloody Dyson did!!!!!!

Yup the motor has gone... bearing failure by the sounds of it, makes a hell of a noise when it runs and get a horrible burning smell from it lol...

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Dyson but not the upright, got one in the house & another in the garage.

Awesome ;)

A4 Avant
I've got a Dyson DC14 (i think). It's pretty good. It's 3 years old now and still picks all the dirt up. I don't know if i'd pay that much again for one though. The ex misses Mom had a Dyson last 8 years, thats the only reason I bought one.

Just bought a DeWalt wet and dry vacuum for tidying up after my DIY projects and it's bloody awesome! Can't believe I didn't get one earlier. Picks up plaster dust, wood shavings and rubble! Very impressed.

106 GTi
Dysons are shite, the old chap used to sell them in his shop - he does not bother now over priced tat.

Vaxes are better but I would go for Henry or George lol

www.renparts.co.uk
George is what i use in the vans, i just soap up the rubber floors and it brings them up great. to be honest the edges of the sucker are too sharp to use except on the flat part of a carpet, try and get upto a smooth edge and it makes some nasty marks, same if you press down too hard on seats.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
We've used a Dyson Upright for the past 14 years. When we change eventually after it fails I reckon we'll use a Henry. Done damn well to last 14 years though!:)

I use a Goblin for car vaccing and have done for the past 7 years. It's ok, just average. Then again it's about 20 years old.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Anyone had one of these VAX hoovers?

Looking for a decent all-rounder for home/car.

Might get a seperate wet vac for busier use (valeting) providing future plans go ahead :)