ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best induction kit/airfilter 182

Clio 182
hey guys. looking at helping my 182 breathe a bit easier with an aftermarket induction system but what do people recommend? is a panel filter the way to go or a cone? a remap will likely follow...

also what brands do people recommend?

VaVa
Maxogen is the best if you have money to burn.

Just as it was years ago when this question was first asked lol ;)

hey guys. looking at helping my 182 breathe a bit easier with an aftermarket induction system but what do people recommend? is a panel filter the way to go or a cone? a remap will likely follow...

also what brands do people recommend?

forget induction kits mate, for a smaller outlay buy a Ktec branded panel filter and get you inlets rematched :)

far better gains to be had there

Ph1
Maxogen.

Best designed induction kit on the market. Utilises the coldest point in the engine something that no other induction kits on the market do.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Maxogen.

Best designed induction kit on the market. Utilises the coldest point in the engine something that no other induction kits on the market do.

Air flow is more important for power than temperature, especially when you're talking about small engines when they're not using THAT much air anyway.

The guy wants to make his car breathe a little better, theres no mention of wanting the induction snort, therefore

Matched inlet FTFW!!!

03 RS clio 172 flameR
only options that are worth it are maxigen = £300 or panel filter = £25. the difference betweeen the two is the sound and thats about that, o and looks, and the extra £275 for the maxigen... pritty clear which one makes sense if your not a CS millionaire

Golf GTD Mk7
the only problem with the standard box is the cold air feed surely? If you could supply a decent one to it then it would be just as good as a viper/maxogen.

Golf GTD Mk7
Or would you suggest getting the old ph1 box and fitting that instead? Isn't it supposed to be a bit better than the 172/182 box?

03 RS clio 172 flameR
wheres the best place relocate the CAFS to on standard box? i took out the acustic valve and extended the CAF down to the grill under the bumper of the car. if thats good which i think it is where would i put the other CAF?? (the one coming out the bottom of the box i belive?

clio rs mk2 ph1
yesterday I installed the K&N typhoon, looks hot and sounds great.
can't say there I can feel a powergain.

greetings
arjan

Ph1
Air flow is more important for power than temperature, especially when you're talking about small engines when they're not using THAT much air anyway.

Dont agree with you there. Its the combination thats key imo. Best set up is one that keeps the curves of the intake track to a minimum, coldest part of the engine and like you said, good airflow.

2 out of those the Maxogen does straight out the box unlike the others on the market.

Best point of airflow on a Clio is lower battery on a stock set up (non cutting)