ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best insurance quotes

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Lob in a confused.com quote then ring Brentacre (Useless bunch to me) and Flux.

172/B8 Quattro
Lol, flux have got a bad rep for themselfs and also charge more than the competitors and poor customer service skills and now they frequent many forums now to drum up business. Sort your house out first.

Green light do insure all sports cars only and a Clio 1?2 is one of them, speak to tony or Neil.
Try sky for a comparison quote too

And money supermarket search engine is the cheapest out of the other search engines as others pay more for using site.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
As per 'Double D' Brentacre, certainly for me, they can't be touched with their quotes and customer service.

Westfield, 182, 200
Cheapest for me was priveledge at £280, tesco want £342, brentacre £368 and flux £380

Phoned all 4, priv didn't answer first time and gave me duff info the second, tesco were good, Brent were good, flux kept me on hold for ages. Would go with Brent if they match tesco as I could mod the car. Tesco was cheaper with no ncd than with 1 year (it's my second car/policy)??

172/B8 Quattro
£300 with green light, modded.
And any hp increases over 180hp they charge around £40 for every 50hp or there abouts iirc

Westfield, 182, 200
Went with green light, approx £330 with 1 year ncb (2nd car and they mirrored the ncb used on my 350z).

Could've got cheaper, but got good prompt service and spoke to somebody who seemed to know about cars and mods.

PH2 RS172
im with esure and thats £320 a year with mods, full ncb aged 34 though lol. sometimes you need to reinsure with them
as if youre a new customer rather than renew to get the right price but customer care is excellent.

as for adrian flux they were great when i used to use them a few years back but nowadays their prices are always awful

Ford Mustang 5.0
Green light said to me they don't insure ph1 172 ,work that one out

I Can Catagorically confirm we DEFINATELY do PH1 172. We have hundreds on cover

Whats your postcode (drop me a PM) i'll find out the reason we couldnt quote you. The only requirement for Cliosport models is you are aged 21 or over and have a minimum of 1yrs NCB

Last edited:
  Ford Mustang 5.0
Greenlight for me.

Thanks for the recommendation mate, as always if you need anything or want to add extra mods you can always just drop me a PM.
Greenlight 2 years running :clap:

Cheers Cazzy :)

£300 with green light, modded.

And any hp increases over 180hp they charge around £40 for every 50hp or there abouts iirc

Depending on your Annual Mileage it can work out even less for going up on power as well.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Went with green light, approx £330 with 1 year ncb (2nd car and they mirrored the ncb used on my 350z).

Could've got cheaper, but got good prompt service and spoke to somebody who seemed to know about cars and mods.

Really appreciate that, thanks for coming on board with us mate.

If you need anything at all throughout the year just drop me a PM.

Cheers
neil

Ford Mustang 5.0
Green light said to me they don't insure ph1 172 ,work that one out

managed to trace your online quote details that you put on to our wbesite and you keyed it on as a 1.2 Clio. We only insure performance models that is why we couldnt quote.

If you had a 172 Clio we could easily of quoted.

If you still have you Greenlight login details you can go onto the system and see the details you keyed in. There was definately no quotes saved for a 172. The only one you did was for a 1.2

Cheers
neil

Clio 182 FF
Can anyone explain to me why my insurance is nearly £600 fully comp. I'm now 27, have something like 8 years no claims. one none fault claim in 2010 and live in a WS13 postcode! Could not get any cheaper! With a rubbish company called premium choice at the moment but due for renewal in a month or two so want a change.
As a side note my last quote on a modified MX5 before I sold it (tpft) was £180....

A3 1.8T+Clio 182 FF
Ive also just gone with Green Light. Brentacre were £300 more expensive and just laughed on the phone. Sky were £10 after a haggle. GA & quotemehappy were both £80 cheaper than Green/sky but they were strict on mods (even though declared) high excess and not protected NCB. hope this helps.

Can anyone explain to me why my insurance is nearly £600 fully comp. I'm now 27, have something like 8 years no claims. one none fault claim in 2010 and live in a WS13 postcode! Could not get any cheaper! With a rubbish company called premium choice at the moment but due for renewal in a month or two so want a change.
As a side note my last quote on a modified MX5 before I sold it (tpft) was £180....

Did you shop around, aka any of the companies in here?

I'm 24, and mine was £100 less than that with full mod declaration (unlimited up to 180bhp), and all the usual stuff.

Ford Mustang 5.0

Seems Failry expensive mate feel free to drop me a PM when your insurance is due and i'll do a quote for you. Hopfully can sort you a much better deal

Ford Mustang 5.0
Ive also just gone with Green Light. Brentacre were £300 more expensive and just laughed on the phone. Sky were £10 after a haggle. GA & quotemehappy were both £80 cheaper than Green/sky but they were strict on mods (even though declared) high excess and not protected NCB. hope this helps.

Thanks for coming to us mate if you wanted to add mods throughout the year you can always drop me a PM and i'll take care of it.

Cheers
Neil
Greenlight

Clio 182 FF
Did you shop around, aka any of the companies in here?

I'm 24, and mine was £100 less than that with full mod declaration (unlimited up to 180bhp), and all the usual stuff.

I did indeed, I tried all of my old ones, Sky, Adrian Flux, Chris Knot and I couldn't get anything good. I really couldn't understand it. My cheapest ended up coming from a comparison site! (first time ever)

Seems Failry expensive mate feel free to drop me a PM when your insurance is due and i'll do a quote for you. Hopfully can sort you a much better deal

Cheers Neil, I'd hope it was dirt cheap by now (like on my MX5). I will definitely drop you a message on here when it's due!

I did indeed, I tried all of my old ones, Sky, Adrian Flux, Chris Knot and I couldn't get anything good. I really couldn't understand it. My cheapest ended up coming from a comparison site! (first time ever)

Cheers Neil, I'd hope it was dirt cheap by now (like on my MX5). I will definitely drop you a message on here when it's due!

Weird, next time try Brentacre + Greenlight.

I won't be with Sky again purely because of the Admin fees to change stuff.

Clio 182 FF
Thanks to Neil for the help but I've gone with Brentacre's.

£442 including interest.
Me and my fiancé.
10k miles
8years protected NCB
Can have any modification I like for no extra charge unless it's a BHP mod and that's on a like for like basis.

Great service and Dave was a lovely helpful fella.

Will

direct line decided to bump my insurance up by 700 quid... i was paying 950ish recieved my renewal through the post for 1600 odd. I thought it was a mistake and that the 1 was not meant to be there so i rang them up, turns out no mistakes were made. crazy prices, defiantly wont be renewing with them